Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Slice Of Pony Life

The Pony has an anatomy class taught by Arch Nemesis. They are working on the circulatory system.

"Hey, Mom. Today in anatomy, were were discussing the flow of blood through the heart. At the end of the lecture, Mrs. Nemesis put the heart model on my desk. It's 3-D, like a model you can take apart and see inside. She said, 'Anyone who wants to, you can come look at this and trace the blood flow step by step.' Then she looked at me. 'You should probably look at it, since obviously you don't have one.'"

"Well, I guess that's kind of accurate."

"How long are we going to be here until you're ready to go?"

"Not long. I don't have any papers to grade tonight. And I'm FREEZING. I don't want to sit in front of this window any more. There's a cold draft."

"It's probably the chill seeping from where my heart should be."

The Pony is sometimes quite in tune with his peccadilloes.


4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Well, he's at the age where all kids are self-centered. Perhaps when he is away at college, he will get all warm and fuzzy when he realizes all the things his dear, dear mother did for him when he still lived at home.

There's always a reason to hope...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I'm sure The Pony will have regrets when he is away from his main caretaker. We already had a little verbal wrangling episode tonight concerning a soda snafu. But that's what gives me hope. He must go through that angsty stage in order to separate and leave the safety of the nest.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I guess we all know where he gets his wit!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Of course. The good parts come from Mrs. Hillbilly Mom!