Monday, January 11, 2016

What Do You Have To Sleep In Around Here To Catch A Few Morning Winks?

Farmer H has been leaving earlier. I blame him, because I DID offer to let him put my new Acadia in the BARn so he could regain his rightful place in the garage. But no. He has junked up the BARn to the point that you cannot drive a singe Acadia through the double doors. And to think, he had an old Ford truck parked in there for 10 years, RESTORING it. Then he moved that truck to one of his freight containers to free up the BARn. For more junk, I suppose.

Anyhoo...Farmer H gets up at the same time, but somehow takes a speed shower so that he can get outside to turn on his Trailblazer and defrost his windshield. Farmer H is not a scraper.

This morning, I was kicked back in the La-Z-Boy for my morning chair nap. Just dozing off. When the bedroom door was flung open and Farmer H charged out. At 5:45! I used to have ten more minutes of snoozing.

Farmer H came BACK into the living room five minutes later, as I was dozing off again. "I'm leaving now. The tin is in the garage. Between the Tahoe and the Acadia. But it's not in your way."

We'll see.

So...he finally left, and I was just dozing off again. Then the kitchen door flew open and Farmer H stumped his way to the bedroom. "I got the wrong keys. And I think my battery might be dead. The light didn't come on when I opened the door."

Like I care to partake in this discourse while I'm trying to gain some extra sleep.

I gave up and called to The Pony to wake him. It's tempting to take my morning chair nap in my basement recliner. But then I'd have to walk down and up 13 stairs.

Maybe I should just go to bed before 1:00 a.m.

5 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

So, he did put the tin away. Now I am waiting to see if it may have been in your way.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Oh, stay up til one. Two. Three. Oh, why even bother going to bed... because if you fall asleep at work (do you have a shelf under your desk to hold your alarm clock?), what can they do to you?

You're out of there in May anyway...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Farmer H put the tin in the garage, between my Acadia and my T-Hoe. As long as nobody tried to walk between the cars, it was not in the way. Good thing both The Pony and I get in on the driver's side of T-Hoe.

******
Sioux,
Well, I don't want my boss sitting there waiting for me with a passel of his grandkids when somebody calls in a bomb threat due to fitted hats.

Who knows, maybe I'll curl up under there and work on the Penske file, and hope the cleaning lady doesn't go overboard thanking me for that gift of a cashmere sweater (with a red dot).

Sioux Roslawski said...

Did you sleep with her?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux.
No. I had an inkling that perhaps such an act on a work desk might be frowned upon.