Monday, November 28, 2016

Maybe His Mudder Was A Mudder

Lest you think that Mrs. Hillbilly Mom lives on a well-manicured lot on a concrete-paved cul de sac, and is stretching the truth about her hillbilliness...


I believe that photo was taken on the parking lot of The Devil's Playground on Saturday. The blacktop Devil's Playground parking lot. I don't even remember a day that it rained recently. I guess I've become immune to the muck and mire that I travel through daily.

Look at it! That mud spray is like paint flung during that Indian Holi festival of colors where they hit each other with powder and generally make a big ol' rainbow mess. I saw it on The Amazing Race one year. That mud spray is like what might hit you while riding in a sulky behind a pacer at the back of the pack in a harness race. Like a motocross-goggled rider whose dirt bike is finishing out of the money. Like the earth sneezed without covering its mouth.

This is the wild, wild Hillmomba, baby! Not civilization. Good thing my window was up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Like the earth sneezed without covering its mouth."--GREAT line!!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Our vehicles aren't supposed to look like that?

Sioux Roslawski said...

HM--I agree with Fishducky. What a line.

Riding in a sulky? I envisioned Jack pulling that sulky.

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishducky,
I cannot take credit for the bad manners of the earth. I might, however, give it more respect. The Earth.

***
Kathy,
Around here they are!

***
Sioux,
Jack is very strong. If the harness was tailored to fit, I think he could do it. With one of those little jockey people. Not with Mrs. HM.