Saturday, November 12, 2016

The Mrs.Hillbilly Mom Greeting Card Co

I went to the main post office this morning in an attempt to get The Pony's mail delivered to Oklahoma in a time span shorter than 8 business days. You'd think the Pony Express could do better than the dead mouse smelling post office lately. We'll see if this helps. Since the main post office is the hub for the dead mouse smelling post office, the trip might have been futile.

Or not. Because at least I saw a sight that gave me a glimmer of an idea.

The picture did not turn out very well, because I was standing in a deep shade that could have sucked the light away from a black hole in a universe-all tug-o-war. There was this thin little tree growing up from a big shrubby bush:


I tried to get in closer. Deeper into the oppressive shade. But it didn't help my hand-me-down phone camera very much.


In fact, it didn't help at all. But that little tree made me think. If I'd only had a good picture, I could imagine a greeting card. Several greeting cards. Uplifting messages. Like these:

You don't have to fit in.

You are one of a kind.

Dare to stand out in a crowd.

March to your own drummer.

Reach for the stars.

Rise above.

Do your own thing.

Dare to be different.

One day you'll find your niche.

Family is not always genetic. Surround yourself with YOUR family.

Yeah. They leave a little to be desired. But so does the picture.

What caption would YOU put with this little tree?

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Stand tall. Be proud of what you just did (unless you're an American voter).

Anonymous said...

Even if you come from trash, you can rise tall!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I would not sully my bank account with the proceeds of such a greeting card! Though it would probably be a best seller. This is Mrs. Hillbilly Mom. Not a rabble-rouser. You'll have to burn your bra and hold your sit-in without invitations designed by Mrs. HM.

***
fishducky,
And to think, you came up with that before I even posted Sioux's comment!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Oh, look, it's a Charlie Brown Christmas tree!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Heh, heh! I wish you were my neighbor, so we could send Farmer H and HeWho over to the BARn to barter their treasures with each other, while we sit on the porch and let the dogs run. Maybe Sioux could drop by with a plate of fudge, and Radar, so Jack's tunnel to China could be completed. And fishducky could jet in to show us that picture of Bud draped across the bed...