Monday, November 14, 2016

YIKES! Mrs. HM Narrowly Avoids A Fryin'!

You know how sometimes, you can't see the forest for the trees, or the nose on your face even though it is plain to everybody else? Today, Mrs. Hillbilly Mom was upset because she could not drive through the forest and over her nose. UNTIL she saw the trees and her face.

I was on the way to the bank to get our weekly cash allowance out of the ATM. I was almost there. Beside the church whose steeple was struck by lighting and caught on fire. Already had my right turn signal on. I saw some burly dudes in glowing green shirts, and white trucks. They were there last week, working on some project, but not in the way. I thought nothing of it until I was right up to the turn into the bank parking lot.

A white work truck was parked ACROSS the entrance!

Ain't THAT a fine how-do-you-do? I let out that UH! sigh that happens when I am not getting what my Royal Entitledness desires, and switched off my blinker, going past and turning into the exit road. An oncoming car was in the center turn lane, wanting to go in the entrance, too. I looped up past the drive-thru lanes and into the alley, then down to the back of the bank parking lot for the ATM. I was looking out front, incensed that the white work truck might have moved to let that other car in. That's when I saw it.


That's an electric wire, I think. Pretty sure electricity, and not phone. Farmer H would know, but he hasn't seen the picture and he's working late. I stopped before my view was obscured by the building. Those worker guys standing by their truck had their heads only about a foot below that wire. I suppose that truck was their way of keeping people like me in tall T-Hoes from driving into it.

Not sure what caused this. They had orange markings sprayed on the grass in the right-of-way, and were going to dig it up, I guess. You'd think if they were just replacing the pole, they'd choose another method and another time. And if the problem with the wire, they'd have a man-lift, not pull the pole down. As far as I know, we're not going underground with the utilities here in Hillmomba.

Is this a sign of the Apopadopalyspe?

2 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

It's karma trying to take an extra big bite...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
But think of the size of the reward that would even it out!