Monday, July 10, 2017

I Blinked And I Missed It

And now...back to Mrs. Hillbilly Mom's continuing series called, "What, Exactly, Is Wrong With People?"

Today I was at The Devil's Playground over in Bill-Paying Town. I say I was "at" it, but I was actually on the shopping center road, attempting to make a left turn into The Devil's parking lot proper.

I wasn't at the drive with the striped lines for slow walkers up in front of the doors. I was at the road at the far end of the parking spaces. There's a road along there, see. On the left of me was The Devil's lot, and on the right of me was a Qdoba, I think. And a storefront that might be Sprint, where we tried to buy The Pony's newest phone. I don't pay a lot of attention to the other businesses, because we don't go over there much any more. Gone are the days when WENDY'S was located along there, where the #1 Son loved to get a Frosty and fries, for dipping purposes.

Anyhoo...there I was, stopped to wait on three oncoming cars, my left-turn signal blinking, when a silver sedan

ZOOMED AROUND ME ON THE LEFT!

You understand that, right? It was on my left, passing me, while I had my left turn signal on, signaling that I was going to turn LEFT. Never mind that the silver sedan got in the lane that the oncoming three cars were coming in.

WHAT, EXACTLY, IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

That silver sedan didn't even toot the horn. Remember those days? When you were passing somebody, you tooted the horn? Of course, back in those days, you didn't pass a car on the left when it had its left-turn signal on. Or when traffic was coming at you from the lane you were passing in.

That silver sedan darted across in front of me, and made a right into the Qdoba or whatever parking lot. Seriously. Who needs Mexican food THAT bad at 10:15 a.m.?

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

HM--People are cray-cray these days. You have to drive defensively... Otherwise, someone will broadside you.

Anonymous said...

Sioux: Even IF you drive defensively!!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Maybe he had just robbed a bank. No, that can't be, as his driving would draw attention to him. I got it! Just another idiot on the road.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
If not for the oncoming cars, that definitely would have happened. At least, in T-Hoe, I would come out on the better end of that collision. He's getting up in years, but he's still sturdy.

***
fishducky,
I think the others are driving obnoxiously.

***
Kathy,
Maybe he's Qdoba's best advertising gimmick. Oh, and still an idiot.