Saturday, August 31, 2019

Which Came First, The Chicken Or The Leg?

Farmer H, himself without a funny bone, told me a joke that his buddy played on one of The Devil's Handmaidens. Farmer H seemed to think it was funny. So maybe he's been taking some black-market synthetic funny-bone supplements, perhaps bought cheap at the auction. Here's the tale, as related by Farmer H, in the voice of his buddy.

"I was having a barbecue, so I went to The Devil's Playground for some meat. I got a big package of chicken legs, and took them up front. As the girl was starting to ring them up, I said, 'Just a minute. Are these FRONT legs, or BACK legs?' 

That girl said, 'I don't know. I can go ask the manager for you, if you'd like.'

I said, 'Yes. Please do.'

She was gone for a little while. When she came back, she said, 'THAT'S NOT FUNNY!'

I said, 'I thought it was, and so did this guy here in line behind me.'"

Farmer H said, "You never know if that's a true story or not. But I wouldn't be surprised. These young kids today don't know nothin'!"

"Yeah. Like the kid who had to write up a ticket for the 18 inches of chain you wanted to buy, and asked you to buy either one foot, or two feet, because he didn't know how to figure that."

I really need to get Farmer H back on track building my proposed handbasket factory. By the time it ever gets finished, people won't even know what a handbasket is anymore.

7 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I had an encounter with stupidity recently... But for some reason, I've forgotten what asinine thing the cashier said or the idiotic thing they did not know.

THESE are the people who will be changing our diapers when we're in a nursing home. (Shudder)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
You need to make a note-to-HM when this happens! I hope they don't mess up the procedure and put the diapers on our front legs instead of our back legs!

River said...

That is quite funny, like sending a kid for a left handed hammer or a can of elbow grease.

River said...

and one I saw online a long time ago, a woman walks into a supermarket and asks where the Lamb Chops are and when the assistant take her to them she then wants to know are they Beef lamb chops or Pork lamb chops?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Heh, heh. When Farmer H was a teenager working in a gas station, an old lady came in and asked him to change the air in her tires. He went to ask the manager if that was a joke, and the manager said no, that she came in all the time. They would let the air out, then fill the tires again, no charge. She was a regular.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Don't get me started!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Heh, heh! We are gonna be hurtin' for certain!