Thursday, August 8, 2019

Woolly Pully

Even though I made the most scathingly brilliant discovery yesterday, about the little metal weight I found down by the mailboxes... Farmer H refused to believe me! He continued trying to pull the wool over my eyes. Even though I had concrete proof, and he just had his flapping jaws and big ol' empty head.

This guy!

"Oh, I figured out what my piece of metal is that I found yesterday. It's a weight used for balancing tires."

"No."

"YES! It sticks on the wheel, and must have fallen off when the car bumped from the gravel road onto the blacktop."

"Nah. That ain't it. It's too heavy."

"I SAW IT ON THE INTERNET! Pictures of the weights! They come with adhesive backing, which is what I scrubbed off at the sink! And it IS iron, not lead. So that's the FE."

"Well. Maybe. They could use 'em on aluminum wheels now. So that's how it got in the road."

Uh huh. Told you so, told you so, told you told you told you so! I refrained from doing the Grace Adler dance off Will&Grace. But only because I was afraid I might injure myself.

Seriously. I told Farmer H what it was, where I got the info, how there are pictures of them for sale online... And STILL he persists.


3 comments:

River said...

Men just hate being wrong don't they? Even worse they hate being told they're wrong and having the proof right there in front of them.

Sioux Roslawski said...

That could be the title of your next set of revamped song lyrics: Wooly Pully.

I will wait patiently until you create, and then post...

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
They deny, deny, deny, even with the evidence RIGHT THERE! I'm surprised Farmer H finally backed down and halfway admitted it WAS POSSIBLE without me going to HIPPIE and bringing up the picture of the weights.

***
Sioux,
I was going to attempt it, but because I don't know any of the lyrics besides WOOLLY BULLY, it wasn't flowing off my fingertips. Not even when I Googled the words. So you'll be waiting for a considerable time...like eternity.