Sunday, January 5, 2020

I Cried Because T-Hoe's Clicker Battery Is Dying, And Then I Met A Man...

If it's not one thing, it's twenty more that Farmer H has been advised of, and is pointedly ignoring. I've needed a new battery in T-Hoe's door lock clicker for at least five years. Genius and Farmer H made a big show of trying to open the clicker, and said they couldn't. I'm pretty sure that's a bunch of malarkey. There must be a little flat watch-battery powering the clicker. Considering that T-Hoe joined our family in 2008, it's no wonder that the clicker battery is dying.

Without a way to open it up (I know it comes as a shock to you that Mrs. HM is not very mechanical), I've made do any way I can. Mainly by slamming the clicker against T-Hoe's side (the plastic door trim) when I get out and it won't lock. That shakes things up. Then it will click. Sure, I have to do it again when I come out and want to unlock it. I hope I don't make the local news for T-Hoe abuse.

Anyhoo...on Saturday, I got to the Gas Station Chicken Store, and had to hammer that clicker several times to make it work. I'm sure the cars stopped at the light enjoyed the show. I'm probably on several social media sites right now, beating the bejeebers out of that little clicker.

Anyhoo...I went inside, steeling my reserve to demand that Farmer H pry open my clicker and get me a new battery. I didn't want to just switch with the spare clicker, since it's also 11 years old now. Besides, I'd have to get my keys all in order again.

As I was running my magical elixir at the soda fountain, it dawned on me that something was amiss. The Nice Guy Clerk was standing on the customer side of the counter! And the Indeterminate Age Girl/Woman Clerk was behind it.

"Yeah. I have someone on the way. It's not a big deal. More of a panic kind of thing than actual stress. I left my lights on during my shift. And now the battery is dead. They'll be here soon, to give me a jump."

I felt really bad for him. He's a nice guy, you know. And here I was, grousing about a mere clicker. I told him so as I paid.

"You have it a lot worse than me. It's just my clicker battery that's dead." [For the life of me, I don't know how I thought THIS would cheer him up!] "You'll get your car going, though. You never know. This delay might have kept you from getting in an accident. There's probably a reason that it happened."

"Oh. I never thought of it like that. You could be right. I was really worried this week, because I thought my clutch was going out. It kept sticking to the floor. My dad looked at it, and you know what the problem was? The clutch was getting stuck on the floor mat!"

"Well, there you go! You were lucky with that one!"

Yes, I felt bad for him. I'd have given him a ride if he needed one. Or a jump, but I don't know how, and don't carry jumper cables. At least he was inside where it was warm, and had someone on the way.

I cried because T-Hoe's clicker battery is dying, and then I met a man whose car battery was dead.

8 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

... who could not see (right?).

No matter what struggles other people are facing, I don't think they're more serious than the struggles you have with a retired PITA...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Heh, heh! I'm so fed up with Farmer H's shenanigans that one of his biggest offenses made me LAUGH. Story coming up...

River said...

Again with the unnecessary putting up with stuff that should be fixed three years ago already. Google how to open the clicker and buy a battery, insert the battery and don't tell a soul. Or ask the people at the place where T-Hoe goes to get fixed, they should know how to open the clicker. Bashing it won't do T-Hoe or the clicker any good at all. Even I know how to change batteries on things.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
More to come on the clicker story! I can change batteries in my vibrator (the kind shaped like a bug that I use on my head for sinuses!) and in the TV remote, and in flashlights, and in my salt and pepper grinders. This T-Hoe clicker is an enigma wrapped in a riddle stuffed in a steamer trunk locked in Farmer H's storage unit!

msj09027 said...

Here is the youtube video on how to change the battery in your key fob-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2hJyw0otxI

It should take a CR2032 battery

MJ

Hillbilly Mom said...

MJ,
Thank you! That's the one, and Farmer H discovered it for himself. That's tomorrow's story! I will save this for future reference, in case we have T-Hoe for another 11 years.

River said...

So, I watched that you tube clip on how to and as soon as she mentioned the little slit on the side I knew that's where to open it. Why else would there be a slit in the side?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I looked all around that clicker, and did not see a slit in the side. Neither did Farmer H. That's the problem, an unnoticeable slit! Unless you know exactly where to look for it, it's like a little blemish on the clicker's crack! Anyhoo...I've now told the whole story answering comments, so might as well not have spent 30 minutes typing up that story that will come out tomorrow!