Wednesday, January 1, 2020

It's A Good Thing This Tree Is No Longer Producing Apples!

Mrs. HM's patience is wearing thin! Her gossamer last nerve will not support another single Farmer H shenanigan. Not even the contemplation of a shenanigan.

I am tired, tired, tired of doing other people's dirty work. Lazy work. Any work at all that could be done by their own selves. I am NOT A MAID! It's bad enough to be treasured so little that your birthday gift is a $3 change purse and two boxes of Sno-Caps. But worse to be regarded as a mere housekeeper.

Farmer H got a very special knife for Christmas/birthday. It could be either. The point being that it wasn't a pink change purse or Sno-Caps. It was a knife that cost nearly three figures. Without the decimal. It was a pre-ordered collector thingy. He was looking forward to it. We were hoping that when it was delivered, it would not be laid on the porch for Jack to chew up like a gift wallet made of Bison leather, monogrammed, with RFID blocker, from Sharper Image.     

Anyhoo, Farmer H discovered his package (heh, heh) on top of the dumpster on December 23. He brought it inside, thinking it was a gift, until I said it was addressed to HIM. Then he realized it was his precious collector knife. I left him alone with it in the kitchen, since I had more pressing matters to attend, rather than admire a pocket knife.

Sunday, December 29, I had reason to be disenchanted with Farmer H. The sight of this

caught my eye and stuck in my gullet. It's the box that held Farmer H's very special pocket knife. The EMPTY shipping box, not the collector tin that was inside. For the knife that Farmer H has been carrying in his pocket, showing everybody he meets, for the past week.

Of course he didn't like it when I hollered from the kitchen, "Are you done with this BOX?" It kind of put the kibosh on him railing at me for always being on him for something, this time the question of whether he knew where the TOWELS in this Mansion belong. Since he left a stack of five of them ON TOP OF THE DRYER, on top of items which he says impede his access to the controls. I had washed and dried these towels, used by The Pony, Genius, and Friend. Farmer H had decided to do his laundry before his usual Sunday evening time slot, and removed the towels from the dryer.

Let the record show that the box was gone when I returned from town.
The towels were not.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Do you really expect two miracles in one day?

Puh-lease. Be for real.

River said...

I'm guilty of doing too much for those who should be doing for themselves also.
You have my sympathy. Did he at least fold those towels before NOT putting them away? Because if he did, he has no excuse for not finishing the job by putting them away. Are you sure he knows where they go? You haven't rearranged your linen storage areas? I miss having a linen cupboard, my two youngest house-sharing kids don't have one either, their stuff is just piled in their rooms.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Yes, I had great expectations. Farmer H was SO MAD at me that he threw away his own trash that had been sitting around for a week. But not mad enough to put away towels that I had gathered and washed and dried.

***
River,
Farmer H DID indeed fold the towels. I was a little surprised by that. But not that he folded them all wonky, instead of creasing them at half, half, and half again. His were rectangles instead of squares. But I wasn't going to squabble over that detail.

He had no excuse. He KNOWS where the towels belong. He's gotten a towel out of the linen closet before. He knows that's where they live out their linty towel lives.