Saturday, November 11, 2023

Farmer H Must Be Supervised

Farmer H cannot be left alone in the kitchen. Friday night, he wanted to grill hot dogs out on the porch, on the new griddle-type gas grill he got a bargain on. 

"I think I'll cook all ten hot dogs."

"Um. They come in a pack of eight. Just like the buns."

"Okay. Eight, then."

"I don't care if I have any. I can have something else."

"Then I'll take them to the locker for my lunches on Saturday and Sunday. I'm going to cut them open, since I can cook them on my griddle."

"Fine. I'll set out a plate and knife for when you're ready. You'll do it on the cutting block, right?"

"Yeah."

Of course Farmer H got out the pack of hot dogs and had trouble cutting it open by stabbing it with the knife. Rather than using kitchen shears to cut along the top. THEN he set the plate on the counter beside the sink, and started slicing!

"WHOA! You need to do that on the cutting block, or get the cutting board sitting there in the clean sink. No cutting on the counter!"

Once he accomplished that feat, Farmer H took 30 minutes to cook HOT DOGS! Because he only turned on one of his burners for his griddle. Then he came in, and immediately put two hot dogs in a baggie!

"You should have waited until they cooled. That's going to get all steamy and wet."

"That's why I'm leaving it sit out with the top open. I'm getting tomorrow's lunch ready."

Farmer H went on to bag up two buns. Then he got his food and went to his recliner. Leaving four hot dogs on the pan he'd set on the stove. I finally bagged up his other two lunch hot dogs, and put them in FRIG II along with his wet and steamy baggie of hot dogs. I stopped short of putting another set of buns in another baggie. He can just take them in their original bag with a twist tie.

Then I warmed the other two for my supper, after cutting excess bread off the buns, which are too bready for these small hot dogs.

I shudder to think of what might have happened had I not been sitting at the kitchen table supervising. A permanently-scratched counter, food poisoning from left out hot dogs? 

I secretly think Farmer H does these things so I WILL TAKE OVER AND DO THEM FOR HIM!

4 comments:

River said...

I think you're right about Farmer H doing things wrong so you will take over. But doing it yourself is better than getting a scratched counter.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes! I have a small scratch from a few years ago, over by the stove, where I put my cutting board to prepare food that needs slicing. I'm pretty sure Farmer H did it cutting something like Oberle sausage on a paper plate, as a snack or lunch while I was in town. Of course he denies it. I always use the cutting board on my counter, so I know it wasn't me! And it's right in front of the container that holds the paper plates. So I can imagine Farmer H taking that shortcut, rather than turning to use the cutting block.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Of course he left them for you to finish, you know him well! HeWho did the dishes while I was down and out. He washed the plates, cutlery and glasses. leaving them to air dry. So far, so good, right? He was done. Left the water in the sink and the pots and lids on the stove, did not wipe the table or counters, but wanted recognition for his "help". I recognozed it, but not like he was hoping for!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
YUCK! I hate reaching into cold dishwater! I guess those pots and lids were going to wash themselves in it...