Saturday, November 4, 2023

The Pony's Wild Life

The Pony had good weather for working on Friday. Bright, sunny, temperature around 60. He sent me a picture at noon:37.

"Got to see a tiny snake!"


"That's the best kind of snake. Unless it's a baby copperhead, with more potent venom."

I can't see this snake's nose clearly enough to tell if it's a pit viper. Which means poisonous. I don't think it is. The pattern is not typical of the garter snakes I've seen, which are usually green, or a solid color with a stripe. 





It looks way too long to be a baby copperhead. I saw six of them one time on the blacktop walking trail out at the state park by my mom's house. They tried to bite the sole of my New Balance! So aggressive. Good thing their mouths were too tiny to chomp on my shoe!

Just one more hazard (or not) for The Pony on his job.

4 comments:

River said...

Such a cute little snake. At first I thought it was a section of garden hose.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
It took me a while to find it on my phone. Then I was thinking maybe it was TWO snakes, since it seems really long for a little snake. But the angle of the body lines up with the head section.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I don't like spiders and snakes .....

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I DO like that song!