Monday, October 2, 2017

I Hope You Brought Some Cheese, Because All I Have Is Whine

This whole RETIREMENT thing is wearing me out! I never have time for anything! Run here and run there. Take care of this and that. Remember to feed Farmer H. Come up with ideas for two blog posts each day. Than actually write them. Take a walk. Snack the dogs. Clean up the kitchen.

And I STILL don't keep my house spotless. Spotted, is more like it.

Here it is, going on 9:00 p.m., and I haven't written either blog! Oh, I have plenty of ideas. But not the time. I didn't get back from some financial errands until after 1:00. I was still having lunch at 3:00. Now I have my supper sandwich sitting in the mini fridge, waiting for me to finish up my bloggin'.

Yes, feel free to play me a serenade on the world's tiniest violin! I think blog buddy Sioux even gives lessons on it, in all of her spare time.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, what with having all day every day to do as I please, nothing to tie me to a schedule. But sometimes, a schedule is a good thing. I was much more efficient when I was working, and ferrying Genius and The Pony around to their activities. Of course, I only slept about 4 hours a night. And I was kind of cranky, earning Genius's nickname of The Short-Temper Cook. Still, I felt more creative then.

Now you're stuck with this pity party. Sorry. Your invitations must have been lost in the mail. You know how that dead-mouse-smelling post office operates. Oh, and there are no refreshments. And we'll just sit outside so you don't see the house. But you DO get to listen to me whine.

Move over! That end of the front porch pew is mine!

3 comments:

River said...

I know the feeling! I'm retired with nothing to do, but no time at all to do any of it. Where the heck do the hours go? I feel like my body clock has been permanently set to "jog".

Sioux Roslawski said...

HM--Another way we're alike. We're both whiners.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Every time I look at the clock, it's already 10 minutes past the time I knew I absolutely HAD to do something. The day gets away from me.

***
Sioux,
See what you have to look forward to? More time to whine, but it will seem like LESS!

I don't know how you accomplish all your shenanigans with only 24 hours in a day.