Monday, October 30, 2017

Mrs. HM Lets The Cat Out Of The Bag Prematurely

You'll never guess who I ran into at The Devil's Playground today!

Are you done guessing? If not, I can wait a few more minutes...Jeopardy music is playing...get to guessin' while the guessin's good! Okay...doot, de-doot-doot, doot...doot...doot. End of Jeopardy music. Here comes the answer...

It was my sister the ex-mayor's wife's husband's brother-in-law! Uh huh. The dude married to the ex-mayor's sister. I've known him for a while, through educational circles. See him here and there, now and then. He caught me hangin' out by the banana bin. We chit-chatted for a few minutes. Then the subject of Farmer H's retirement came up.

GUILTY! I admit it! I confess! Shame on me! Lock me up and throw away the key! Off with my head! I revealed top secret information that Farmer H specifically forbade me to release at this juncture.

He'll have to get over it.

I let it slip that Farmer H has rented his own storage shed at the flea market, and opened for business on Saturday.

Let the record show that there is really no reason for Farmer H to be secretive about this. The only person he didn't want to know yet was Sis. Fat chance of that. I can't put the genie back in the bottle. If BroLaw knows, Sis is gonna get wind of it.

Farmer H's reasoning is that he's selling stuff from Mom's house, and dividing the money between me and Sis, and he's not paying out until the end of the month. Since he just started October 28, he's waiting until the end of November to distribute the first allotment of the proceeds. It's all above-board. He's keeping a separate ledger for our stuff. But (probably rightly so) he thinks Sis will be asking about it every week.

So...having already sunk that ship with my loose lips, when I got a text from Sis 30 minutes later, as if she's some kind of freaky psychic...I called her. I spilled my guts, plus fat and bone and muscle and sinew and a good bit of connective tissue. Told her the whole deal. I heard a little change in her voice, right before the brief silence, when I mentioned being paid at the end of each month.

Sis said that the ex-mayor will be glad to help Farmer H.

Pretty sure there's going to be Not-Heaven to pay over this one. From both sides.

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Does she want the ex-mayor to help so he can keep an eye on the "fortune" Farmer H is raking in?

How are you and your sister soooo different?

Kathy's Klothesline said...

She could always sell her part herself .....

River said...

Uh-Oh, sis has $$$ signs in her eyes and wants to be sure she doesn't miss out on a single cent, right?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Yes, I think that's the plan. It's not even so much that she wants the fortune, but only to make sure that my cut of the fortune is not even 1 cent above her cut.

We've always been different. Started with the black hair/red hair thing at birth, I guess...

***
Kathy,
Ain't THAT the truth!

***
River,
Exactly! The single cent part. As Farmer H says, "I can only get what they offer to pay! I can't set a price and hold onto it hoping somebody will eventually pay it."