Friday, December 22, 2017

Circle The Handbaskets, The End Is Nigh

I really must renew efforts to surge forward with construction of my proposed handbasket factory. I'm hoping I can tear Farmer H away from his Freight Container Garage to supervise my own project.

Signs are evident that THE END of Hillmomban civilization as we know it is on the horizon.


See that? It's a sign! A sign, I tell you, of the impending Hillmomba apopadopalyspe!

I discovered this sign yesterday, as I was making two Oreo cakes. I give them to HOS and The Veteran for Christmas every year. One minute I was cutting Oreos in half, to use around the base of the cake, and as decoration on top...and the next, my bleak future slapped me in the face.

Can we not even churn out proper Oreos any more?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impending? It sounds like apopadopalyspe now!!

River said...

What is wrong with that oreo? Apart from the break and the no filling or name stamp. it's still a dark chocolate biscuit/cookie right?
I actually don't like oreos. My daughter K was very excited when they came to Australia, the cookies I mean, K has always been here. So she tried them and liked them, but I don't like them.

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishducky,
SHH...you don't want to upset the citizenry. How can I make money off of them if they don't see any hope of my proposed handbaskets helping them?

***
River,
It's not poison or anything. I would still TASTE the same. But it is NOT aesthetically pleasing! It would stand out on my cake. I use the half-Oreos as a border around the bottom of the cake.

I don't much care for Oreos, either. Unless they are dipped in milk until mushy. I don't like milk, either. But together they are tasty.