Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Oops! It Happened Again

Apparently, Mrs. HM's luck is like an unsecured WiFi network. Anybody can just log on to it and have their way with winning.

I present to you the latest evidence of this phenomenon:


Today on our errands, I made the first stop to buy some scratchers as Christmas presents. I want to get them on different days, you know, and at different places. This was the Casey's out by the bank, which I've only been back to once since that crazy donut man flipped out.

I came out with five assorted tickets. The Pony had asked if I would get him one before I went in, and he did not specify a certain game. As with yesterday, I told him he could pick one. Yesterday, he had a loser, a Black and Gold with the second chance on the back. Today, he picked this one right away.

"Oh. It's the kind you like. Would you rather have it?"

"No. I'm only taking two of the five-dollar tickets. I'll pick later, after I cash in my winners from yesterday, and buy some bigger tickets. I'll look at what I get today, and their numbers, and buy two of them back from my winnings." Gotta keep the Christmas money separate from my gambling fund, of course. Not because I'm that altruistic, but because it might affect my luck!

The Pony started scratching right away. "Oh! I have a winner. Looks like just one number matched. Let's see what I've got."

Before I could stop him, The Pony had revealed the 20X multiplier. I like to scratch the amount first, and then the multiplier. Not that it matters.

"Huh! I've got 20 times something!" And he revealed the $5.00 prize area. "A HUNDRED DOLLARS! I just won A HUNDRED DOLLARS!" He immediately took a picture to send his Oklahoma friends.

Yes. I was excited for The Pony. Even though it's the second $100 winner to slip through my fingers this week. At least we're keeping it in the family.

4 comments:

River said...

I'm positively green with envy. So green I'm surprised you can't see the glow all the way over there.

Anonymous said...

I label you the Lottery Lass!!

River said...

Well congratulations Pony :)

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I wondered what that strange tint was in the sky! I thought it might be my own greenish envy, since I'm the one who bought the ticket, yet The Pony is the one who collected the prize.

***
fishducky,
I accept the title you bestow upon me!

***
River too,
I will extend your congrats to The Pony. He has not yet decided what he is doing with his windfall.