Sunday, July 21, 2019

Off Kilter In The Wee Hours


Well. Here I sit at New Delly, procrastinating in the wee hours of the morning, only to notice, upon glancing at the clock, that three of my four pictures are off-kilter.


That is a curious thing. I sit here for hours every day. I don't recall them being crooked. It's not like anything bumps them, or touches that wall. We're on a concrete slab floor. Even when I lumber around like Godzilla himself, I don't shake the foundation to jiggle those frames.


These pictures have been up a loooong time. Farmer H got them for me, at various auctions. Way back when the Rams were a St. Louis football team, and I was a fan of Kurt Warner, Isaac Bruce, and Marshall Falk. Back when The Pony was just a little shaver.




I have no idea how all but the first frame got crooked. It's hard to tell with my photo kind of skewed, but The Pony and the big Isaac Bruce on the right are tilted clockwise, and the middle picture of all the Rams is tilted counterclockwise. I don't recall any earthquakes around here. I'm not even suggesting that all the tilting occurred at the same time. I just don't know how it happened. I haven't changed the battery in that clock for a long time. Even if that was the explanation, it would only affect the Rams below.

Another mystery of the lair. I might straighten them, and monitor the situation.
Or I might not.

7 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Since Farmer H has possibly--over the years--noticed how observant you are, perhaps it's his handiwork? Maybe he is making tiny changes, trying to (again, I'm warning you) drive you over the edge.

If that is the case, what will YOU do to drive HIM over the edge?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I'm pretty sure he's still trying to kill me. And my little dog, too! To drive him over the edge, I guess I'll just dare to keep not understanding what he's telling me. Listening like a not-normal person!

River said...

I have pictures that occasionally get themselves off-kilter. I blame it on air currents. Unless Lola is climbing the walls when I'm not home.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I can't use that excuse, because there are no air currents in my windowless lair. I hope it's not millipedes crawling on the wall!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

poltergeist.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Nothing would surprise me any more. I have a basement light that's acting up again. On. Off. On. Off. Whenever it feels like it. The last time it felt like it was two nights ago, around 4:30 a.m. When I turned it on, it went off. When I turned to look, it was back on. Turned my head again, and it went off/on. It had been working normally for a few days, after being off a couple.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
The light over one end of the pool table, behind my OPC (Old People Chair). Not the freaky fluorescent in my lair.