Wednesday, September 25, 2019

They'll Drive You To Drink

Even Steven left me hangin' on Monday. At least I have the EVENING of Steven to look forward too, I suppose. My Devil's Playground shopping trip was fraught with obstacles. I hoped that my luck would turn once I left. And by "turn," I mean I hoped I could go about my business unobstructed.

I'd gotten a late start, due to waiting until the bank tellers' lunchtime was over. That put me leaving The Devil's Playground around 2:45. Not a good time to be frequenting The Gas Station Chicken Store for my 44 oz Diet Coke, because that's around the time the local high school lets out, just down the road.

I waited in T-Hoe for a few minutes, hoping for the crowd to thin out. Once inside, I waited behind a dad with two young boys about 5-6 at the soda fountain. They were quite well-behaved, each carrying two bottles of fruity drink. The dad was getting two 44 oz somethings. I don't know if they were all two-fisted drinkers, or if there was a lady in waiting in the car.

As I stood there, with the dad putting on his lids and straws, another man came in with two girls, maybe 8th or 9th grade age. I'll be darned if they didn't dart in as soon as the dad left! The man with them, I think the father of one girl, said, "Wait now. She was first."

What a sad state of society when young 'uns don't know how to wait their turn! At least that father was trying. Though he DID ask for a pint of whiskey. I guess kids these days are so wrapped up in themselves that they forget the world does not revolve around them. They definitely need a refresher course in The World Revolves Around Mrs. Hillbilly Mom.

6 comments:

River said...

au contraire Madame Hillbilly, the world revolves around ME.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That's PREPOSTEROUS! But I'm willing to concede the Southern Hemisphere to you. As long as it's clear that the Northern Hemisphere revolves around Mrs. Hillbilly Mom. Counter-clockwise.

Sioux Roslawski said...

And since I live a bit east of you, can I have the Eastern Hemisphere?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
You ask a lot, Madam! That would mean River gets half the world, and I only get a quarter. I'll give you surface rights to the Eastern Hemisphere. Anything below or above ground is still my world-revolving territory!

River said...

I'm happy to concede half of my section in the interests of equal rights, peace and harmony. on the other hand, there aren't as many countries in my half, it's mostly ocean, so maybe I'll just keep it all.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
How generous of you to CONSIDER giving up the WATER half of your territory, before deciding to KEEP it. You're an almost-giver like that. ;)