Saturday, September 28, 2019

I Had No Intention Of Rioting

Thursday was quite a laugh-fest for Even Steven. I'd been to the bank, credit union, post office, filled T-Hoe up with gas. All I wanted was my 44 oz Diet Coke, and to cash in some scratchers. Of course the parking lot of The Gas Station Chicken Store was awkwardly full. Trucks hitched to trailers, parked over by the moat. Most of the row of parking spaces full beside the building. Full across from the gas pumps, facing the stoplight.

Sweet Gummi Mary! I didn't have time for this! I just wanted to get home and have lunch. I bypassed TGSCS to go to Hardee's for some chicken tenders. When I came back, the lot was still full. I even drove through, to check the parking spaces by the air hose, but those two were also full. I left out the back road, deciding to give up on that, and do my magical elixir and scratcher business at Orb K.

Well. The difference was like night and day. Nary a car parked along the front sidewalk of Orb K. I got my favorite parking space next to the handicap walkway so I wouldn't have to step up on the sidewalk, but could use the slanted ramp segment.

Huh. There was an employee spraying that sidewalk with water from a firehose! Okay. It reminded me of a firehose. It was thicker than a garden hose. And pink. As I was gathering my knees under me after sliding out of T-Hoe, Ms. Hoser went to the spigot and turned it up. She walked back towards the door, flinging her hose. It dawned on me that she was actually trying to get it out of my way. Which wasn't really possible.

I was extra careful in stepping over that hose. I guess Ms. Hoser felt sorry for me, because she stopped spraying, went to the door, and held it open for me! Of course I thanked her. Obviously, she was not one of those self-centered Millennials who would have sprayed me off their sidewalk and held the door shut against me.

Once inside, I headed for the soda fountain, only to find it BLOCKED OFF WITH SHEETS OF PLASTIC FOR A REMODEL!

Sweet Gummi Mary! That's the third convenience store I frequent that is undergoing renovations! Now I'd have to go all the way back to The Gas Station Chicken Store for my magical elixir. Okay, so It's only about a half mile. But it's hard to make a left turn out of Orb K.

I actually DID feel like rioting when I realized that. Good thing Ms. Hoser had her firehose.

4 comments:

River said...

Obviously word has gotten out about the crazy woman who takes photos of random lost pennies, so the GSCS lot was filled with people waiting for you to turn up, probably all planning on putting you all over you tube....(evil cackle here)

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The GSCS is the place I rarely find a penny! I bet they had planted one, and had a hard time keeping someone from the crowd from taking it. There was actually another incident there that day that I will eventually tell on my other blog. Thankfully, the Universe was saved from having my ample buttocks all over the innernets!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

A conspiracy?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
A conspiracy to keep my from my magical elixir!