Monday, November 9, 2020

Am I Not Condimentworthy?

Since I am still mad at Dairy Queen because of the shrinkage of their pretzel sticks and chicken strips on the 2-for-$4 menu... I've been eating a sub sandwich for lunches. A roast beef and cheddar sub, bought by The Pony from the Devil's Playground, prepackaged for their deli section. It comes in a 12-inch version, but I cut it in half. Then I mix up my own sauce of garlic aioli, deli mustard, horseradish sauce, and mayo.
 

 
Thanks, Pony, for showing me how, and making me do it myself now. Typed with just a touch of sarcasm.

Anyhoo... since I make my own sauce, I don't need the condiments that come wrapped up in the clear plastic of the sub.


That's a fairly generous tube of mayonnaise, and an adequate packet of yellow mustard. I don't use them. I keep them in a ziploc bag, just in case I might want them.

Well. A few weeks ago, I was startled to find my mayo missing from the sandwiches. It wasn't an isolated incident. The Pony buys me two sandwiches, if the dates are good, to have over four days. Both of my subs came with


Mustard alone!

And for the past two weeks, I have been not-so-startled, but especially saddened, to see


NO CONDIMENTS IN MY SUB SANDWICH!

Seriously. This is starting to make me mad. I don't WANT to use the mustard and mayo. But by cracky, you'd better not be holding out on me!

It might be time to give Dairy Queen a try again.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Since the Sponge is no longer manufactured (is it?), there have to be other ways of separating the worthy and the not-worthy.

River said...

Why not just question the lack of condiments and ask why? They may have a perfectly good reason for not including them.
As for your homemade sauce, I think you should skip the almost sarcasm and be glad The Pony showed you how to make it. He won't be living at home forever to be making it for you.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I asSIOUXme it is not, or else Elaine's entire quest for the elusive SPONGE would have been based on a lie!

She could have a heyday now, though, with the issue of not-sparing a square of toilet paper.

***
River,
I don't think The Pony will ask for me. He's the one who's been doing the shopping there, and everybody knows The Pony doesn't really care about helping people. I'm shocked he showed me how to make his sauce, until I remember it was because he didn't want to HELP me anymore by making it for me.