Thursday, November 19, 2020

The Wasted Meat Of A Ponytail Guy

We had another mishap with the Ponytail Guy's meat Tuesday night! Once again, I had my mouth all set for some delicious chicken nuggets with a light coating of BBQ sauce, caramelized in the oven, placed upon a hamburger bun with lettuce and mayo. You know what happens when Mrs. HM has her mouth all set for the Ponytail Guy's meat. She is sorely disappointed!

The Pony had taken himself out to Steak N Shake for a big lunch, and didn't want any supper. So I told Farmer H we'd have the chicken nuggets in the bottom of FRIG II. Not the best kind, the crunchy discs. The other kind, the irregular nugget. 

ALAS! When I pulled out the bag, they were discolored! Darkened! And when I looked through the plastic, some had a white spot of MOLD on them! I cried out, and Farmer H said they were probably still good! AU CONTRAIRE! I wouldn't eat one on a dare!

I took the bag to show Farmer H, and he agreed that we had spoiled the Ponytail Guy's meat. He said to dump them off the back porch to the dogs. I refused!

"I'm NOT giving my dogs moldy chicken nuggets! That can't be good for them!"

"What are you going to do?"

"Put them in the trash."

"Then they'll stink."

"They're in a plastic bag! And after a day, they'll be out in the dumpster."

"Here. Give them to me."

"Already in the wastebasket."

"I'll get rid of them."

"Dig them out for yourself. I TOLD you I only wanted you to bring a serving at a time over from the BARn freezer."

"Huh. You'd think they'd be okay in the refrigerator."

"They've been in there for at least TWO WEEKS! And before that, they'd probably been meant for a restaurant back in March. They don't stay good forever. Even in a freezer."

"Yeah. I guess you're right."

"What are you doing with those?"

"I'm taking them outside."

"DON'T let the dogs have them!"

When he came back inside, I asked what he did. He wasn't gone long enough to drive them somewhere, or burn them, or bury them.

"I took them over to the edge of the woods."

"Oh, because dogs don't have noses to sniff out food!"

"They wasn't out there. You don't know what might eat them."

"The DOGS!"

"They'll be fine. They eat the meat off an old rotted deer carcass."

"Yes. But it's FRESH rotted deer carcass. Not MOLDY rotted deer carcass!"

I hope my fleabags are okay tomorrow. It wasn't a LOT of chicken nuggets. But my little Jack is not a lot of dog. And he's the one with the best nose. I hope he has some competition during his feeding frenzy.

6 comments:

River said...

I hate putting potentially stinky stuff in my bins, I keep an empty icecream bucket in the freezer for those items and only put them in the bin when I hear the truck on its way around. The icecream bucket used to have a skull and crossbones drawn on it, but that has washed off now.
I think a psychologist would have a field day trying to work out how Hick's mind works.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I really don't think the Ponytail Guy's spoiled meat would have been a stinker. Those nuggets were in a plastic bag, twisted, tied with a metal thingy, and didn't have any smell in the bottom bin of FRIG II. It's not like they were decaying broccoli!

I don't have room in the freezer for stinky garbage, but I've been known to seal it in a disposable container or can with a lid. Or put it in a ziploc bag, like I do the empty can when I have tuna.

Heh, heh. I think you should draw the skull and crossbones back on your bucket!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Maybe the neighbor's dog (Copper Jack?) will eat most of them... Then his vet bill will be somebody else's problem.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I see Copper Jack walking across the yard right now. If he ate them, he survived. Little Jack, however, has been moving kind of slow, and turned up his nose at the cat kibble treat yesterday. But he DID enjoy a slice of five-day-old pepperoni pizza.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Dogs not only like rotten, smelly meat to eat, some will roll in the stench! Wall-E always seemed to be on the lookout for a nasty smell to smear on his self.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Jack didn't even want to roll on the Ponytail Guy's meat! But yesterday, he ate a piece, to keep Juno from having it.