Sunday, November 8, 2020

I'm Getting A Little Tired Of This Agenda

Sweet Gummi Mary! I was watching college football Saturday night (not by choice, I was actually waiting for Saturday Night Live to come on, but found myself in double overtime), and was struck by the hypocrisy of the mask-decree-ers. I'm also struck by the 7 times it took me to spell hypocrisy right, even after consulting my estranged BFF Google.

There were the officials wearing their masks, running up and down the field, depriving themselves of life-giving oxygen. And the coaches on the sidelines, wearing their gaitors pulled up like turtle-neck-skin over their lower faces. Yet on the field, the players were maskless!

No, I don't want football players wearing masks while they're also trying to stay alive breathing life-giving oxygen. But it seems to me that THEY are the ones most at risk of that deadly VIRUS leaping into their mouths and noses and eyeballs while snorting across the line at each other, and ramming into their opponents while blocking and tackling, and drooling spit and snot down on the ones at the bottom of the pile.

Oh, and let's not forget the CDC's permission to GO OUT AND VOTE, even if you had the VIRUS, as long as you wore a mask, and told the poll workers that you had it!

It's either deadly, or it's selectively deadly. Can't have it both ways. I can't stand waffling. All or nothing, if it's that big a threat.

2 comments:

River said...

I know football is huge in your country, same with baseball, but I disagree with games being played while there is any chance of catching the virus. and your country still has so much virus hanging around. Football is big here too, although not like your country, and we cancelled a lot of games in the early stages and only allowed training as long as the players agreed to quarantine, then a couple of girlfriends sneaked into the hotel and got severely fined and even the training was almost cancelled because of that.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Don't get me started on the VIRUS! The guidelines we're given don't make sense. If it's so deadly, why are the kids back in school around here, playing FOOTBALL at the high school level, too! No masks.

This gets me all Julie-Sugarbaker-speech revved-up! The VIRUS doesn't pick and choose when and where it can be caught. It's either too deadly to allow ANY close contact, or not deadly enough to wear a mask. Pick a stance, and stick with it! All or nothing! THAT'S what sets me off, the double standards of the official narrative.

These high school players aren't in quarantine. I doubt the college players are, either. Pro baseball and football give the appearance of being in quarantine. Not sure I buy that scenario. Yes, some of their women snuck in, too, during training quarantine.