Saturday, January 30, 2021

Mrs. HM, The Arbiter Of Sustenance

Last Friday, I drove The Pony to Little Caesar's so we could pick up pizza for supper. The Pony and I eat our pizza for three days. Farmer H is usually one and done. He might take it to his Storage Unit Store for lunch Saturday and Sunday. Or he might have a couple slices before the auction on Saturday evening, but he is just as likely to grab a hamburger at the auction. He generally doesn't have the pizza as an actual second or third meal. I guess he's too good for leftovers.

Anyhoo... The Pony and I ate pizza on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. He went to do the Devil's Playground on Monday. I was making room in FRIG II for the new groceries. Not that we need meat. But things like wine and fancy cheeses and olives and lettuce. There were two pizza boxes in the way. Taking up area on two shelves.

I took out three slices of Farmer H pepperoni pizza, and two slices of The Pony's cheese pizza. I set them by the sink, handy for dog treats upon return from town trips, and put the boxes under the counter to be taken out to the dumpster, or burned by Farmer H.

The Pony arrived as I was getting ready to leave. He put away groceries and went to his room. Maybe to avoid Farmer H, who had taken up residence at the kitchen table to write in his little black book. Making sure his sales were up to date for his firearms. He keeps detailed records for that stuff.

Farmer H was gone when I got back home. The Pony carried in my magical elixir and purse. I was at the door, bemoaning the fact that only my Sweet, Sweet Juno was there to enjoy a slice of pizza.

"I guess Dad has the other two dogs with him at the BARn. Oh, well. Juno can feast on pizza!"

"I like how you arbitrarily decided to throw away my pizza."

"It was FOUR DAYS OLD! You went to Steak N Shake before you did the shopping! WHEN did you plan on eating it?"

"Tomorrow. For lunch."

"I seriously doubt you were going to eat FIVE DAY OLD PIZZA!"

"Well, I was."

You know if I'd left it in FRIG II, it would still be there...

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Who paid for the pizza? He who pays for the pizza can discard the pizza. Tell him to get his own place. Then, he can leave pizza in his fridge for months and months. Until then...

River said...

Two pizza boxes on two separate shelves? You know those boxes can be stacked, right? It saves space. And if there are only a couple of slices in each one, I'd be transferring contents so there is only one box in the fridge. People can sort out which pizza is their just by looking at the toppings per slice. I'm not including Farmer H in the general "people" umbrella because I know he doesn't differentiate between his foods and anybody else's. how big are the pizzas anyway? Do you get the family sized ones to have enough leftovers? The frozen pizzas I buy seem large, but I cut them in half once cooked and eat half one day and half the next, though I could easily eat the whole thing.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
My debit card paid for the pizza. Which means that Farmer H thinks HE paid, since everything that is ours is HIS! Of course if informed that the payer is the disposer, he would say that MRS HM paid for the pizza!

The Pony pays for his own Steak N Shake, but it's money in his account that was not used during his college habitation. Of course, there's no Steak N Shake left over in FRIG II.

***
River,
The boxes were stacked on regular food already on the shelves, so no room to stack on each other. OF COURSE I KNOW that pizza slices can be consolidated in one box. But that's too much effort for anyone else in this Mansion!

We get whatever is on special. It's usually a medium pizza, but I think Little Caesar's calls theirs a large. We plan on eating 3 meals from them, so we each get our own kind. I like the deep dish sausage from Little Caesar's. It's more filling than the thin crust sausage/mushroom/onion I get from Domino's, which usually just lasts me for 2 meals.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I suppose 5 day old pizza kept under refrigeration wouldn't hurt the Pony, but I can only imagine how tasty it would be. I have a side by side fridge/freezer, so the pizza box would not fit. HeWho would have shoved that box in the oven and depending n when I next used the oven, it cold be growing mold by the time I discovered it. HeWho has the memory of an inanimate object.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I already think the regular Little Caesar's cheese pizza tastes like the box once it cools. Even same-day.

It's like they don't understand that pizza slices can fit in an alternate container!