Wednesday, January 6, 2021

The Pony Shall Rue The Day He Turned Up His Muzzle At The New Year's Day Black-Eyed Peas

If I was a more nimble women, I'd be doing my TOLD YOU SO dance right now. You know, the one made famous by Grace, on Will&Grace. Not a week has gone by yet, but Even Steven is letting The Pony know that he made a BIG mistake!

Tuesday, I brought home my scratchers and some Hardee's Chicken Tenders for The Pony. I always give him a charity ticket. Because I'm a GIVER like that. And UNLIKE The Pony.

Anyhoo... he took his chicken and honey mustard sauce to the living room before I even sorted out the tickets.

"OOPS! Good thing about honey mustard sauce: it wipes off easily. Off the table, and off my PowerBall ticket that's waiting for Wednesday. I don't know what happened! That packet just EXLPLODED! It's all cleaned up now, though. You can hardly tell."

"Well. At least it's not on the carpet like the CANDLE WAX you spilled. I've got a ticket for you, but you don't have much of a choice today. I got some for me for tomorrow, because I'm not going to town. And I got some for Genius's letter. So all you have is a Crossword. But you have a choice of the Gas Station Chicken Store, or the liquor store, or Country Mart's machine."

"Oh! I want the liquor store."

"Darn it! That's number 18. I had my eye on that one. It's the one I really wanted. But that's okay. There's a number 5 from the Gas Station Chicken Store. I guess that one's good, too."

The Pony scratched his Crossword. Double-checked it with the scanner app. Loser.

"Oh, well. I saved you from getting a loser, Mom."

"That's kind of you."

When I got to my lair, I set the tickets aside. I had some $3 tickets as well. I sorted them. Some for me on Wednesday. Some for me now. And a Crossword and two $3 tickets for Genius. I picked out Genius's first, so his could all come from a different store. By the time I got to the Crossword, I had to give him the one from the Gas Station Chicken Store. Oh, well. I put them in an envelope to await the letter.

I scratched my $3 tickets first. Won $10 on a Bingo ticket. Then I did my Crossword. Wow! I was excited to have four words! THEN I saw that I had FIVE words! In the top puzzle. And one of them had the moneybag symbol in it, which DOUBLES the win!
 
 
I won $50 on my $5 Crossword ticket!

When I looked at the number, it was 18. Maybe it was the 18 I'd had my eye on! Maybe not. All I know is that I really wanted that number 18 Crossword puzzle ticket, and The Pony and I BOTH ended up with a number 18 Crossword. Upon being informed of my win, he said, 

"I hope you didn't give me the WRONG TICKET!"

"Um. You ASKED for the liquor store ticket, and that's exactly what I gave you!"
 
 
Heh, heh. I always put initials on the back of the tickets, so I know where I got them. In case I have a good winner, I don't want to buy that kind of ticket there again for a while. That little action might have just saved me from a lawsuit from The Pony! Though for a win of only $50, I think he'll let it slide without contesting it.

I refrained from mentioning my Black-Eyed Pea Luck...

5 comments:

River said...

I had a $12 win on a crossword one just before Christmas, my daughter gave it to me in a card. We don't get moneybag symbols though.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Congrats. I usually don't win on the $5 Crossword, but occasionally I can get $6 from a $3 Crossword. IF I'd won on the bottom section of this ticket, with the stacked-dollars symbol, it would have been TRIPLED! That's just the them of this newest Crossword scratcher.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

some lessons are hard to learn!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Yeah, but maybe The Pony is going to have the last laugh. When he is 50 and still living at home, eating nothing but baked beans so he can create extra bubbles when lounging in the triangle tub, and he's trimming his thick and yellowed toenails in the livingroom, making the shards zing off in all different directions, and he's playing video games all day because he still has no job because he has lousy luck... he might laugh at your "I told you so."

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
He had more losers today, but he won A TICKET on his $1 scratcher. I didn't mention the black-eyed peas. I should have. "Just think, it's only 350-something days until you can eat black-eyed peas for good luck NEXT YEAR!"

***
Sioux,
I HEARD THE BUBBLES TONIGHT! I hope The Pony hasn't been sneaking black-eyed peas while he's out, supposedly at Steak N Shake with 2nd Bestie.

Oh, no. That's not going to work on me. The Pony does not have thick and yellowed toenails, because his toes are long and slender like FINGERS! Fingers that grabbed and pinched my bare arm while I was driving T-Hoe, and The Pony was riding behind me!

Also, The Pony plays COMPUTER GAMES. He would never refer to them as video games.

Other than that, I am getting used to the idea that The Pony might still be here at 50...