Friday, January 15, 2021

What The Mail Brings Me

Got it! Got the package that has been touring the midwest for many days! The package containing Farmer H's Christmas gift. It came the day after I wrote about it the second time. If only I'd known that a sure way to have a package delivered was to complain about its nondelivery! It came the very day that second complaint published.


Farmer H's fake gas pump was stuffed into that cardboard box like a sausage! Maybe because it came from CHINA! Not like Amazon, where they will use a box that size to ship a pack of TicTacs. Anyhoo... it was encased in bubble wrap, and cushioned between two slabs of Styrofoam.
 
 
The back is flat, to hang on a wall. The front opens like a door, to show the inside, with hooks to hang keys on. You can barely see, along the right side, the little fake gas nozzle and hose. Farmer H loves it! He will be hanging it in his Freight Container Garage. Which is better than building a themed shed for it.
 
Also in the mail, the very day after I paid the SilverRedO payment by phone at 1:00 a.m., I got another statement for SilverRedO! NOT a second notice. Just a second statement! It was the oddest thing ever. An exact copy of the original. All numbers and dates the same. There was no postmark. The envelopes had one of those boxes printed in the stamp area, saying something like prepaid mail
 
I wonder if that company was having trouble with their payments not being returned. WHY would they send out a second set of statements? Like I said, the original was 10-12 days later than usual. Farmer H said maybe they sent us another statement because they didn't get our payment. I think not, since the payment wasn't due until the 15th. This second statement is a mystery to me. First I don't get one, then I get TWO! On consecutive days.

The Pony's Strange Science book shows no signs of being shipped yet. And Farmer H has two more gifts out there somewhere. It's a full-time non-paying job to keep up with the USPS. 

Another USPS story tomorrow! About my visit to the main office over in Sis-Town.

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

A trip to UPS office in Sis-Town... Do they complain about your dusty vehicle?

River said...

That Gas Pump is pretty cool! I keep my keys in a bowl near the front door, but not so near anyone could reach in and snaffle my keys and the screen door is kept locked anyway. I used to have a small hinged mirror in a previous home, the mirror front opened and there were hooks inside to hang keys. I wish I'd kept it now.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
They'd better not! It's their job to TAKE THE COMPLAINTS, not MAKE the complaints!

***
River,
I don't think Farmer H will ever use it for keys. He likes the way it looks, and may have other trinkets like key rings or key chains to hang in there.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Farmer H is an easy one to buy for, what with all of his collections! I still have his Emu egg waiting for the day when, all restrictions lifted we can actually meet each other in person!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
OH MY GOSH! We still speak of the emu egg every now and then! I'm sure Farmer H still wants it.