Monday, November 13, 2023

Not On MY Watch

Farmer H spouted out one of his preposterous schemes on Sunday evening. We had plans to go somewhere on Monday morning. He always gets up early and makes a run to town under the pretense of getting gas in A-Cad, but mainly to get donuts at Casey's. But he's been driving A-Cad for two days now, because he has something in the back of SilverRedO. So I knew he had already gassed up A-Cad before coming home.

"I seen a big round trash can in the medium (no matter how many times I tell him it's the MEDIAN) on the highway, just before the bridge before the exit to go to Walmart. I'm gonna go get it in the morning. There won't be no traffic that early."

"NO! You are NOT doing that. There's always traffic on a highway. That's how people get killed. They stop to help somebody having car trouble. Or pull over for a minute to check something. And then THEY'RE DEAD! Somebody hits them! I'll give you money to BUY a round trash can! You don't need a round trash can bad enough to leave me here all alone to deal with everything by myself!"

"Well. No. I don't NEED a round trash can."

"So you're not going. RIGHT? You are NOT going to park on the highway and cross two lanes of traffic to pick up a big round trash can and carry it back across two lanes of traffic."

"Okay. I won't."

I'll kill him if he goes and gets run over on the highway just to pick up a used trash can.

3 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I bet he got it and is hiding it somewhere so you won't know! That is what HeWho would do, then if I found it would swear it was a DIFFERENT one!!

River said...

I'm kind of agreeing with Kathy here and hoping I'm wrong.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
You know Farmer H so well, because you have a clone of him at your house. In fact, as we drove by that area this morning, Farmer H said, "Huh. Looks like somebody picked up that trash can. It's gone." Surely he didn't have time to go get it while I was in the shower...

***
River,
I'll have to keep an eye on our trash can situation. Unless he took it to the flip house!