Sunday, November 26, 2023

The Pony Goes With The Flow

The Pony has been dealing with the heavy load of mail after the Thanksgiving holiday. Some because the workers had a day off, and some because it's been Black Friday Week, with businesses offering early deals online. AND Cyber Monday is coming...

Anyhoo... The Pony has had some overtime. He clocked out at 6:00 on Saturday evening. Then saw something as he was leaving that might complicate matters even more.

"Water main break right between the post office and the library."


"I might have been the first to report it. Or, well, to tell the manager to, since I don't have the number."


I think that's one of their mail delivery trucks backed up at the loading dock. Not sure if this break will require the water to be shut off. That might be a problem for the bathrooms, and of course for the drinking water. Not sure if this will affect The Pony's house a few blocks away. That last break affected the post office, but not The Pony.

4 comments:

River said...

I hope it gets fixed speedily and doesn't affect The Pony's house.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I don't see anything in the local news, but last time they were 4 DAYS LATE in putting out the information. I'm guessing that The Pony would get a text alert from the city if he was under a boil order, which he signed up for after the first water main break. I haven't tried to ask him, because I'm sure he's overly busy delivering packages and mail.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I didn't spend much time with my nephew, who is also a mail carrier. He had to work Sunday and deliver packages. Not to hurt his feelings, but I was there to play with his babies!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
That was one less thing for him to do when he got home! Not that he doesn't love his babies, but this is the busy season. The Pony worked until 8:00 on Tuesday night, and he's a regular, who should be off at 4:00 or 4:30.