Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Generous Offer Of My Talents

The #1 son put in a snack order for last week's assault on The Devil's Playground: Nutella and pretzels.

Seems he enjoyed such a repast in his 1st hour class. Far be it from me to tell another teacher how to run a class. But that would not happen in mine. Food is for the cafeteria, and learning is for the classroom, and never the twain shall meet. So sayeth Mrs. Hillbilly Mom.

Besides, every student gets free breakfast now. Did they not stock up during breakfast time? Seriously? You already need a snack 1st hour? But that's not the point of this post.

We are not a Nutella family. As far as I know, this was #1's first exposure to that hazelnutty putty. He ran around the Mansion. "Here! Try it! It's fantastic. C'mon. Just a bite." He even dipped the pretzel in the jar of Nutella before profferring it to the intended consumer of his force-feeding. I stopped short of reprimanding him for dipping right into the jar. He was so excited by his culinary discovery.

Yesterday, I dipped some Nutella into a bowl with pretzels. Yes. It's delicious. But the consistency of Nutella is quite interesting. Like, when you get it on your finger, it's almost impossible to lick off. It gets ingrained. Likewise with the sides of the bowl. So I've come up with a new advertising slogan.

"Nutella: Works Like Glue, Looks Like Poo."

I do not anticipate any financial gain for my efforts.

4 comments:

labbie1 said...

Tried it. Like the slight cocoa flavor (I mean, I DO enjoy the culinary delights that chocolate has to offer my taste buddies...) however, I felt like a dog who had peanut butter with marshmallow in their mouth trying to paw it off the roof of said orifice only to have it make a giant goo (poo? glue?) ball in my stomach.

And I am quite sure that your immense slogan talent will not be totally appreciated by anyone who has not had the uh, um, pleasure...

I gave it away to some people in the campground who said they LOVE it! Go for it, I say!!!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

labbie,
I liked it the first time. The second, not so much. I suppose I developed a tolerance. I did not notice the hazelnutty goodness anymore.

Chickadee said...

LOL I love it because it's so true. But I'm probably one of the few who don't like Nutella. It's too sweet and rich for me.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Chick,
I was just talking about it in the hall after school. The lady from Spain (I adore her) said she grew up on Nutella, so no wonder my son loves it now that he's discovered it. Another colleague said that Nutella should be outlawed. Because it's so addictive. I do not share their views. But I shared my slogan, and they agreed with me!