Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Pressure

Here I sit
All broken-hearted
Set to write
But I feel thwarted.

Well. What did you THINK I was going to write?

They can't all be pearls, you know. Some are just grains of sand. If my blog was a calendar of John Denver days, this post would be stone. Not diamond.

I've had a sinusy kind of headache for three days. The pain in my head makes my neck hurt. The hurt in my neck makes my shoulders tense. The tenseness in my shoulders makes my back stiff.

I make it through the day by biting a figurative stick until lunch time. Even figurative bullets are not allowed on school property. Then I take an ibuprofen, which kicks in about an hour later. That lasts until after supper, when my forehead and undereye area start throbbing again. Which kind of puts the kibosh on ribbons of witty life-lessons flowing from my fingertips.

At least I'm not the old lady who swallowed a fly. I don't need any wiggling and jiggling and tickling inside me.

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

My sinus pain has settled in my teeth. I have been so miserable, there are not words. I would have pulled all my teeth on the left if I thought it would provide relief! Then to add injury to insult, I awoke to fing myself with jaws clenched and grinding my teeth.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Your sinus pain sounds worse than mine. It finally went away after one more day, but has now settled into my chest as a cough. I suppose I caught something from the students that I am partially immune to. It is acting like a mild cold, but with a clogged nose instead of a runny nose.