Thursday, October 13, 2011

Off The Pony

The Frigidaire tried to kill The Pony a few days ago. Oh, she's a subtle one. Humming along like we're all best buds. Shooting out ice cubes to tickle our fancy. A sly assassin is she. Her still waters run deep.

Every morning, I fill The Pony's metal water bottle with ice and a smattering of H2O. Because the top of the water bottle is too small to adequately catch half-moon ice chunks, I first harvest the cubes in a red Solo cup. From there, I hand-scoop them into the pursed mouth of the blue or red aluminum water bottle. It takes slightly less than two cups.

On the last handful of pearly crescents, I spied something whiter than the ice. I peered into the opening like Anton van Leeuwenhoek into an ocular eyepiece. He's considered the father of microscopy, you know.

I could not quite make out the offending foreign object. I shook the metal bottle. That got my hand a whole lotta cold, and the object a dive to the Davy Jones' Locker of brought-from-home beverage containers. So I poured it out into a large hot & sour soup takeout container. Aha! There it was, about the size of two dimes: a white plastic piece of Frig's cube-freezing mechanism. I made a new batch of water for The Pony.

Frig and I are at sixes and sevens. I am not inclined to perform another lifesaving coldecystectomy on Frig any time in the near future.

2 comments:

labbie1 said...

I did not know that--about Anton I mean.

The cube freezing mechanism is sloughing???? NOT good! You are a truly great mom to peer so closely at what your little Pony will be consuming! Good for him!

Hillbilly Mom said...

labbie,
See? You come for the shredding of Farmer H, and leave with a heapin' helpin' of science knowledge under your belt.