Thursday, October 23, 2014

It Wouldn't Exactly Make You Die Of Fright. Pregnant Women And Those With Weak Hearts Will Be Fine.



Tonight is the debut of The Pony’s costume at the big Newmentia Halloween dance. I was up half the night working on it. Okay. I was up half the night, but I wasn’t working on it. I got some of the basics done on Tuesday during the lag in visitors at parent conference night.

I looked up that Devil’s Playground logo and checked out the dimensions in relation to each part, then I calculated my own template for The Pony’s shirt. It helps to be a fan of ratios. Here’s how I laid it out on my school workspace:




Wednesday night, during the boring talky parts of Survivor, I colored in the white sections of nametags with a yellow highlighter. Then I traced around some of my template exclamation point thingies. I cut them out for sticking on the shirt. By the way, The Pony found a new shirt that I had not even cut the tag from, most likely meant for his MSA interlude last summer. Instead of the navy blue polo I had envisioned, this one was royal blue. The Devil’s color.

Funny thing about those stick-on nametags when you trim an exclamation out of them. There is no way to peel the backing off the sticky part. Believe me. I tried every which way to Sunday. So…back to the old drawing board. I colored six more exclamations with yellow highlighter while The Pony was in the shower, leaving a corner of the peel-away part attached to trim after peeling.

EUREKA!

Here’s the finished product, laying on our pool table:




I would show the name tag that I fixed up with a 72-point font in Times New Roman and gluesticked on, but that would reveal The Pony’s real name, so, um, NO.

I think it turned out pretty good. Hope the little shaver doesn’t scare his peers TOO much!



2 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

He looks quite Devil's Playground-y. I hear those employees do a cheer every morning.

How do think that cheer goes?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I imagine they are cheering:
"Oh we oh, yo ho!"

Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjBrkfX_XHw