Wednesday, February 1, 2017

3 Days, 2 Nights

Don't call shenanigans! I'm postponing today's original post idea until tomorrow. I have a headache/jaw ache that is kicking my butt. It's been an ongoing problem since Monday. I have diagnosed myself with a sinus issue. For those of you who torture yourself by asking an old person, "How are you?" I provide the following details.

The pain is really in my upper left jaw, along and above the teeth. At first I thought I might need to see the dentist. I do have a broken tooth in that area. BUT it's not a localized pain like a toothache. Heat and cold don't bother it. The dentist could squirt that air torture device on it, and it wouldn't faze me. So I got to looking on the innernets, and saw that a sinus ailment can make your teeth hurt. That swollen sinuses can actually displace the teeth, so your bite is off!


I had a little headache on Monday, as I'd had on Sunday, that didn't seem to go away. And when I closed my mouth (heh, heh, it DOES happen) it felt like my teeth were too long! So I wondered if a part of one was cracking. About to break off. I couldn't chew on that side because that REALLY hurt. As did simply closing my mouth so the teeth were in contact, uppers against lowers.

Depending on which way I laid in bed, the pain was worse, or better. It was a constant pain, not throbbing until last night, when I could only sleep from 5:00 a.m. until 9:30. When I bend over to stick my head in the dryer (not a cry for help, but to get my clothes I haven't folded and put away), the pain intensifies until I stand up. My ears are stuffy, and pop when I blow my nose. Which has been running almost constantly on the right side, but not the left. I don't smell very good (heh, heh), not even noticing the aroma of onion on my fingertips, or the fragrance of shampoo in the shower. I can't seem to blow the congestion out of my nose. What runs out is clear.

A few weeks ago, Farmer H had some illness that sent him to Not Very Convenient Care. He was up and down at night. Crying that the pain in his teeth was driving him mad. He'd get up in the middle of the night and get in the shower for the steam. Let the record show that he also had a terrible cold, and yellow snot, but that he had his sickness for a couple weeks. He got a Z-pack and something else, and was better in about three days.

I might have a milder version of Farmer H's ailment. Last week I had a sore throat for one night. The next night with constant phlegm draining down my throat. A few days with chills and hot flashes. Then the sore teeth. And a sore neck in the back. The only relief I get is from a little vibrator (hush up!) with four little round foot thingies, which I hold on my forehead and nose and ear and jaw. That takes the pain away while it's on there. But it does return.

I'm pretty sure it's sinus related. I'm giving it until Friday before I seek treatment. Or maybe Monday.


Sioux said...

HM--Why don' t you let it get full-blown, and then pass it back to the source?
What goes around comes back around...

fishducky said...

Why are you waiting?

Hillbilly Mom said...

You know, it was probably laying dormant in Farmer H's breather hose, and then wafted into the back of my throat while I was blissfully sawing logs, and then ate its way into my brain as my lungs and nostrils fought it off with years of teacher antibodies.

It's probably ready for a new (old) host.

I don't want to be seen as a drug-seeking opiate hound, or someone who demands antibiotics for a common cold. That could go on my permanent record, you know.

GOOD NEWS! Today I was 95% better. I don't feel the pain unless I consciously dwell on it, and my teeth are back in the right place. Not that I want to chew on that side, but my mouth can close comfortably. Still hurts a bit when I bend over. So I don't bend over!

I drank lots of water yesterday, used my head vibrator, blew my nose often, took an aspirin at 6:00 p.m., an acetaminophen at 9:00, and an ibuprofen at 11:45. Got 6.5 hours sleep, and VOILA! I woke up feeling human.