Saturday, June 9, 2018

Farmer H, The Helpful Helpmate: Noctural Edition

We went to visit The Pony from Wednesday to Friday. That meant staying two nights in a hotel. Farmer H calls them motels, but unless it's a single-story arrangement of rooms in a long row facing the outer road along the highway...I call it a hotel. Multiple floors, inside access to the rooms, elevators, indoor pool, hot breakfast buffet? That's more than a motel to me.

Anyhoo...our regular hotel was booked up. The Holiday Inn Express and Suites, in Norman Oklahoma. I don't know what was going on there this week. Traffic didn't seem out of the ordinary to me. But I had to book us into the Fairfield Inn. It was okay. The location and the breakfast and the quiet and the personnel were great. The rest...not so much. But this isn't a hotel review.

Thursday night, Farmer H was up later than usual. I think it was around 10:50 when he crawled into his queen size bed and strapped on his breather. I was watching a preview of that show ALONE, on the History Channel. Farmer H likes it, too. He watched almost until the end, at 11:05. But you know...that 15 minutes would take too much of his beauty sleep.

By 11:30, I had finished answering my blog comments, and shut down Shiba. I propped up the three pillows I had all to myself, and was lying on my back, covered up against the chill of the air conditioner that was blowing on my side of the room. Did you know you get a bigger room if you take two queens instead of a king bed? Anyhoo...I had the remote in my left hand, watching Jersey Shore (DON'T JUDGE!), and channel surfing during commercials. That last I remember, it was 11:45.

I woke up in a dark room at 1:38. The TV was off. I figured it has a setting that makes it go off after so much time of inactivity. Our DISH does that. And a hotel wouldn't want to run up needless electricity bills from all of their TVs being left on indefinitely.

I didn't feel the remote in my hand. I felt around the area. Still no remote. I got up, reached both arms under the covers, felt all over the entire bed, and under the pillows. No remote. Huh. Maybe it fell on the floor. I scooted my feet along the carpet between my bed and Farmer H's bed. Even along the little space under the beds. Nope. I felt the nightstand. No remote. CRAP! That's impossible. I even turned on the light on the nightstand. Didn't see that remote anywhere! So I went back to bed.

Friday morning, Farmer H said, "I took the remote out of your hand last night and put it on the dresser."



Sioux Roslawski said...

Let's spend a few awkward moments contemplating what ELSE he did between 11:45 and 1:38...

Hillbilly Mom said...

YIKES! Let's NOT!!!

River said...

I agree, Why? And Yikes!
It does seem a tad unusual for Farmer H to do that.

Hillbilly Mom said...

He could have turned down the volume. Or turned it off and left the remote in my hand for when I woke up. Or put it on the nightstand. TV never bothers him while he's sleeping. It wasn't HIS electricity. And I might have wanted to watch more if I woke up. I don't know what time he took away my remote. It might have only been five minutes after I nodded off.