Saturday, June 2, 2018

The Specifics Are Lost On Farmer H

Let the record show that Mrs. Hillbilly Mom is currently paying a fortune for health insurance to cover herself, her Sweet Baboo, and her little 20-year-old-student Pony. The plan we have chosen is not the top-level plan that was provided as part of my contract while employed. The price for such premiums for all of us would be prohibitive. Take my entire retirement check. So we're on the second-level plan, which is still pretty good, but with higher deductible amounts. Dental and vision insurance are not something we included.

Flash forward to last week. I got some junk mail from my teachers' organization about dental and vision insurance. After reading through it, I thought the benefits sounded reasonable. All three of us currently-un-dental-and-vision-ensured Hillbillies wear glasses. And have teeth.

I set aside the envelope to discuss with Farmer H. The total annual premiums for both the dental and vision coverage would be less than one month of our health insurance premium. Sure, it pays a percent, not the full amount of services. But with the three of us using it, we should save over NOT having it.

Yes, I talked it over with Farmer H. He agreed that it was something we could use. I left him with the forms while I prepared his supper. Told him to pick which plan we should have, and write it on the envelope so I would know. I don't remember stuff like that.  Farmer H left the envelope on the table beside the La-Z-Boy. I actually told him to. So I'd know where it was the next day when I got ready to write out a check and mail it when I went to town.

Yes, I was confident that the subject had been broached, discussed, resolved, and was only awaiting the final details of me checking the specific plan before I would sent off our check.

Imagine my surprise when I grabbed the checkbook and picked up the envelope.


I am awaiting another discussion with Farmer H upon his return from the auction.

5 comments:

River said...

Another discussion? I think you'll have to tie him to his chair and make him point out exactly which deal he wants. Or you could decide on his behalf and then when he complains tell him he had his chance and didn't take it.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Awww. I know you love these little moments, and now that you're both retired, you have lots of little moments like this.

Anonymous said...

Farmer H sounds so much like Bud it's scary!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I'll just decide for myself if I can't pin him down. He doesn't like making decisions.

***
Sioux,
Yes. These "pinning him down" moments. NOT LIKE THAT, though!

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishducky,
I might have to give up my theory that Kathy's HeWho is Farmer H's twin, and they were separated at birth. The new belief being that Bud is a triplet with them!