Monday, August 20, 2018

Mrs. HM's Mouth Needs To Be Restrained

Let's hope you don't hear about Mrs. Hillbilly Mom in the paper a viral video. She's having trouble holding her tongue while she's driving home.

Remember how our low-water bridge had three signs installed a while back? Signs that declare NO PARKING? Only one of them is left. It's amazing how many people around these parts can't read. And those who CAN don't have any common sense!


On the way home a few weeks ago, I came down the blacktop road, vision obscured by bushy tree limbs, and found a car parked IN THE ROAD. Uh huh. Since they're not supposed to park in the dirt due to the signs, some idiot figured the road itself was a parking spot.

Let the record show that I had room to get by, but any car coming from the other direction would have to veer into my lane. And we can't see each other, due to the summer foliage. So I couldn't get a picture of the actual car parked there, for safety reasons.


To make matters worse, the idiot driver was STANDING ON THE BRIDGE, fishing. Yes, there's room for a car to get by if a person is standing there on the unrailed bridge. There is not, however, room for TWO cars to pass, as might happen unintentionally, due to the aforementioned summer foliage. So I'd either have to hit a car, or a person.

You don't know how hard it was for me to keep from yelling, "Don't park in the road, idiot!" as I drove by.

I've got to prevent my mouth from writing checks my creaky knees can't cash.

7 comments:

River said...

I'd be yelling out "there's no fish in that creek!"

Around My Kitchen Table said...

I would have had difficulty in restraining myself from shouting out some devastatingly cutting comment - trouble is I always think of them about an hour later.
Around My Kitchen Table

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The creek runs into a river about a half mile down, but I've never seen a fish in there. In fact, the water is clear enough to see the bottom. It's only a couple feet deep. Yet people fish there a lot. They might as well go five miles to town and fish in the lake, which has off-road parking, and a paved path all the way around, with benches.

***
Table,
The comments I think of right away are generally full of profanity. So it's a good thing I controlled my tongue.

Anonymous said...

I would have yelled something sweet like, "Hey, A-hole, don't park your #%$*@ car on the $*@##%&* road!!"

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishducky,
Well, aren't YOU quite the sweet-talker, you silver-tongued devil! Maybe I need a recording of your proclamations, to broadcast from speakers mounted atop T-Hoe's roof...

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Well, we all know I would have said something! Something like, "Hi, did you know that this creek tested positive for e-coli?" Or ..... "Did you hear about that guy that was murdered? He was fishing right here, just like you."

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Heh, heh! I like the MURDER one! So subtle, no profanity needed.