Friday, July 14, 2023

Farmer H's Turn To Be Robbed

Hillmomba's newest crime victim is Farmer H. He was ROBBED of his lunch at the Senior Center on Thursday! Oh, it's not like one of the denizens of that Old Folks Hotel assaulted and battered Farmer H about the head and shoulders with a cane, or shoved him backwards over the rolled-up rug. According to Farmer H, they don't despise his special treatment enough to resort to those measures. No, it was the power outage that robbed Farmer H.

"Did you eat your lunch today? I swear I saw SilverRedO drive through the front yard around 11:05. With the dogs barking and chasing."

"No. I didn't get my lunch. I had a McDonald's Big Breakfast around 10:30. I went to the Senior Center, but they was closed. Because of the electricity."

"What? Is it off again? What about The Pony's house?"

"It was on there."

"Did you go in?"

"No. I drove down his street, and seen that houses had lights on."

"In the DAYLIGHT? How could you tell that?"

"Some of 'em had their porch lights on."

"Oh, yeah. They probably had them on last night, and didn't turn them off when the power came back on at 2:00 a.m. Probably forgot to turn them off in the morning."

"Yeah. I don't know if the Senior Center was actually without power. Maybe it was because they didn't know when the power came back, and thought the food might be bad."

Farmer H was not only robbed of his lunch, but also of some tasty gossip! He got a text the previous evening from one of his cohorts there, saying that she had SOMETHING TO TELL HIM! Something that couldn't be said in front of one of the other workers.

I'm dying to find out what this scoop is about!

3 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Farmer H will be okay without lunch, but gossip, you said gossip and I am all ears, or eyes.

River said...

With his 10.30 breakfast he womn't be starving at least. I'm dying to know the scoop too!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Dang it! He was gone to a play at the local junior college tonight. Left five minutes after I got home, and returned at 9:45, went to bed at 10:00. So I forgot to ask him about the gossip!

***
River,
That "breakfast" was larger than our suppers! I'll have to ask Farmer H about the gossip before he leaves for his SUS2 tomorrow morning. I know he had lunch there, because I sent him a text to remind him about the gossip, and he sent me a picture of his bingo "price."