Friday, July 7, 2023

Sometimes, Mrs. HM Is Almost Too Stupid To Live

Thursday, I got a late start (even for me) on my town trip. It was around 4:00, and the afternoon sun was bright. After my second stop for tickets, I reached for my sunglasses, the $3 plastic pair from Save A Lot. They ride on the lower console area where I stash my scratchers if I'm not ready yet to write my two-letter code on the back when I purchase them.

Dang it! There was a white spot on the right lens. I took them off and rubbed at it briefly while I was driving. Still there. I couldn't use both hands to wipe them with my shirttail. Just hold them while the heel of my right hand steered T-Hoe, and dab at them with my finger and thumb from the other hand. But that spot wasn't coming off. I licked my thumb and finger to try again.

NOOOOOO!!!

I had touched the counter of the Gas Station Chicken Store, and the counter of the School-Turn Casey's with my hands! Sweet Gummi Mary! I might as well have licked my tongue all along those counters!

I hope I will survive. Just now, at 11:54 p.m., I coughed up some foamy stringy phlegm that either drained down from my sinuses, or clawed itself up from my lungs. I know it's too soon for my possibly terminal infection to show symptoms... right?

5 comments:

River said...

I don't know; it was almost an eight hour window....
I'll check in tomorrow and see if you are still with us.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Well, it's 21 1/4 hours later, and I'm still kickin'! So there's that...

Kathy's Klothesline said...

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

River said...

She's alive!! Hooray!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yeah! Kelly Clarkson should write a song about that...

***
River,
I must say, I share your excitement!