Tuesday, July 4, 2023

It's Always Something Else

As if my Sunday was not going bad enough, what with my HIPPIE acting up and not wanting to load certain websites, and then not wanting to connect to the innernets at all... I found another kettle of rotten fish at the Gas Station Chicken Store. 

I waltzed in (the best waltz I could manage on two gimpy knees), pleased as punch, grasping a $100 winner in my hand. It was a ten-dollar ticket that I had gotten the previous day at Orb K. My favorite clerk was working. I had her all to myself, having passed a gas man on his way out the door.

"I hate to tell you this, but our scanner is down! It went down last night, and we haven't been able to use it all day. I can SELL you tickets, but I can't take any winners."

"NOOOO! This is a $100 winner! I never go out without a pocket full of money, but today I DID! I only have a twenty. I was planning to spend more than that."

"Sorry, babe. You know I'd LOVE to sell you some tickets. But I can't scan. Or sell draw tickets."

Welp! There went The Pony's daily Cash4Life. I took out my twenty, and bought two crosswords, and two of the new green multiplier tickets. No way was I going to scan that big winner at the Country Mart machines. Good thing I had a couple of other winners that were smaller. I got The Pony's ticket there, and my $3 tickets.

The only bright part of the day was that one of the crosswords won $15, and one of the green multipliers won $15. So I came out ten dollars ahead there, anyway.

On Monday, the other clerk was back, and the lottery terminal was working again.

What are the odds that my laptop had internet issues, and that the Gas Station Chicken Store also had connection issues, starting Saturday night? Like I said before, a storm moved through, but we never lost power.

3 comments:

River said...

That storm just sucked up all your luck and the GSCS too. Destiny decided it was your turn I guess.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

The neighbors warned us about frequent power outages here, but we haven't had so many until all the storms of late and they were in the middle of the night. HeWho's ever present fan stopped blowing and I would have thought he would wake up. He didn't, I did. He has proclaimed himself to be a "light" sleeper, making me wonser if he understands what that means! We lose connection to internet when it goes out, since we get our connections via the electric co-op. Maybe China has been manipulating our weather!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I don't mind taking my turn. As long as it has an end!

***
Kathy,
I do think somebody has been manipulating our weather! Your "conspiracy" is as good as mine!