Thursday, January 2, 2020

Mrs. HM Is Probably The Sole Customer Responsible For Keeping This Clueless Proprietor In Business

Sweet Gummi Mary! I know I've carried on about the careless workmanship of the minimum wage employees who build my Taco Salad at Hardee's. Yet still, I continue to buy them. It's an addiction, I tell you! But even Mrs. HM has drawn the line at paying for substandard salads. With The Pony home for a couple weeks, I switched to Hardee's Chicken Tenders.

Well. I'm not sure if I shared with you the story and pictures when Farmer H and I had Hardee's Chicken Tenders last month, of the foam container melted by hot chicken! WHO puts chicken right out of the fryer into a FOAM CONTAINER? The minimum wage employees who can't box up a Taco Salad without flipping it upside down between kitchen and drive-thru window, I suppose.

Subsequent Chicken Tenders were at least placed on a bed of waxed paper. I suppose that's the standard that they strive for. But still, closing the lid on a foam container makes the chicken all soggy by the time you get it home. Especially when they put that foam container in a plastic bag! I was onto their tricks, and the last two or three times I picked up chicken, I opened up the foam container, to let my chicken breathe on the way home.

With The Pony tired of chicken, and packing to go back to college, I decided to get myself an order of Hardee's Chicken Tenders in town on Sunday. Don't worry about The Pony. I made him some fish before I left the Mansion. Farmer H was at his Storage Unit Store, so on his own for lunch. This time, I asked for a smaller order of chicken. Here's what I got:


Yes. That's the paper bag I ripped open on my kitchen counter. To get the chicken out. Of course, I had assumed (that's such a dangerous act) that my chicken tenders would actually be INSIDE of the box that smaller orders are placed in. Yet there some were, OUTSIDE the box! The box which had been jammed down inside a too-small paper bag. So tight that the only way to remove it was to tear open the bag.

I'm hoping that in shoving the chicken box into the too-small paper bag, the box popped open, and some tenders fell out. I don't like to think that a minimum wage employee dropped some of my tenders into the bag, then put some in the box.

That would just be shoddy service.

10 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

You are a true gambler. You spin the wheel each time you go out to eat/get some take-out.

This time you rolled craps. (Am I using a correct term?)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Yes, I like to roll the figurative dice where my foodstuffs are concerned. I don't know technical gambling lingo. But I DO know that this time, I got crap!

River said...

I have to say, with such shoddy service, there's no way I'd be still buying from them. Habits can be broken you know. Find something better.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Oh, how I wish I could quit them! My only other alternatives are the Country Mart deli, which is okay. Or Dairy Queen next door, which I don't like the food. Or the Gas Station Chicken Store, which only has chicken on the weekdays now. Otherwise, I have to drive five more miles for other fast food like McDonald's, or Burger King, or Taco Bell. So as you can see, there's not much "better."

Sioux Roslawski said...

Have you tried the "Impossible Whopper" at Burger King? I know it's not as close as your other choices, but this sandwich tastes just like meat. Seriously.

River said...

How close is that Country Market Deli? Anywhere within an extra ten minutes drive seems okay to me. perhaps I'm more fussy about my foods than you are.

River said...

On re-reading, how long does it take to drive the extra five miles? Surely that's worth it for better food?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I have not. And I WILL NOT! I can't imagine the number of artificial ingredients added to that Impossible Burger to make it taste like meat. The other day, I read that an Impossible Burger contains 18 MILLION TIMES as much estrogen as a regular Whopper. Can't have Mrs. HM getting too feminine...

I read it on the innernets, so it must be true! Depends on how trustworthy you find the Washington Post. Even they don't dispute the AMOUNT, but only the possible side effects.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2019/12/26/dear-men-theres-no-evidence-that-eating-impossible-whoppers-will-give-you-breasts/

***
River,
Country Mart is just down the alley from Hardee's. Less than 1/4 mile. The others are in the next town over. Five miles there, five miles back. Not a big deal, but I don't have anything over there that I particularly like, to make it worth the extra time.

I forgot about Subway! Which is beside Save A Lot. That's another option.

River said...

I love Subway! I get the garlic bread and load it up with cheese, red onions and olives, sometimes a small squirt of garlic sauce.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I don't go in Subway just for myself, so I've forgotten about it. The Pony and I used to go every other week. I'd get sandwiches for Farmer H and myself, and The Pony loved their mini cheese pizza. Not all Subways have the pizza! We found this out while traveling, much to The Pony's disappointment.

I like the Sweet Onion Teriyaki Chicken sandwich, and Farmer H likes the Cold Cut Trio. Sometimes he'll get a hot sandwich, the Meatball Sub. Sometimes I get the Roasted Chicken Breast, on wheat, with tomato, pickle, onion, and spicy mustard. It's such a misleading name. The "roasted chicken" is just slabs of pressed chicken, submerged in liquid to keep it from drying out at the temperature they have to keep it.

Farmer H tries to run a scam on Subway when he goes to pick up sandwiches. I don't want cheese on mine, so he'll order it first, and when they ask what kind of cheese, he says, "Pepper Jack, and I want it on my second sandwich." They usually do that for him. It's not like he's getting anything EXTRA. He's entitled to cheese on each sandwich.