Friday, June 26, 2020

Pony In A Mansion Is The New Bull In A China Shop

The Pony is at it again! Thursday evening, he tied up the trash bag and hoisted it over his shoulder like Santa. A really bad Santa. Because it was filled with stuff like tomato tops, expired slaw, an empty pickle jar, and blue wine bottles. Rather than taking the usual route out the kitchen door, to get to the dumpster under the carport... he started past the cutting block, on the way to the front door.

I was getting ice at the door of FRIG II's freezer. He was chiding me that I'd better get all I wanted before he came back in, because he had plans to fill his insulated metal cup. He turned to look at me, driving that point home with fake bravado. In doing so, the trash bag swung around and hit the door frame of the laundry room.

The Pony hesitated only a millisecond. But I noticed. I was not a teacher for 28 years for nothing!

"Did you just slam that trash bag into the door frame? Seriously? Is there no nice thing we can have?"

"Um. Maybe?"

The Pony turned around, and ran his hand across the exact area of the door frame I was asking about. There was a small, lighter-colored chip in the wood. A divot. Not big. But noticeable.

"You totally did that!"

"I don't think so..."

"You DID! Don't come near me! Stay away! I IMPLORE YOU!"

That got The Pony laughing. He hung his head, and trudged off through the living room, to the front door, on his way to the dumpster.

I might need to follow his route, and check for structural damage.

4 comments:

River said...

A divot? A tiny divot? I was expecting the trash bag to split and spill trash all the way out the door while The Pony didn't notice.
I hope the divot can be fixed.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Oh, my ribs hurt from laughing. As IF anything around here would get fixed! The tiny divot is actually smaller than the two dents the delivery men put in the metal door of FRIG II. That Farmer H took $100 for, rather than make them bring a new door. That $100 is long gone, but multiple times a day, I'm reminded that he took that payoff. Not that I'm bitter or anything...

Your theory would have made a better story!

River said...

My fridge has a dent from when an un-named someone had a hissy fit and threw a knife which bounced off the fridge, scraped across a cabinet door and broke its tip off when landing in the floor. I wasn't home at the time, but the evidence trail was pretty clear.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
YIKES! That's more dangerous than A Pony In A Mansion!