Friday, June 5, 2020

I'm Thinking Of Starting A ComePayUs Page To Help House The Pony

Remember when I said that Farmer H and I have discovered that three people cannot live as cheaply as two, now that The Pony has come home to roost? When The Pony is one of the people, three can't live as cheaply as The Mormon Tabernacle Choir on a ski holiday with The Vienna Boys Choir, renting a whole town of Swiss chalets for a month!

Thursday afternoon, I had returned from my weekly errand trip over to Sis-Town. The Pony had elected not to ride along, preferring to sit outside by Poolio, working on this week's chapter of his book. He was back inside by the time I arrived. The Pony left the La-Z-Boy to help me part with one of my precious scratchers. LOSER! But all mine were too, I discovered later. Which was too bad, because we are going to need some extra money...

The Pony went back to the living room. I heard a CLANK.

"Um. That did not sound good..."

"Was that the recliner? Did you mess up the recliner?"

"Maybe?????"

"I can't deal with this right now!"

"To be fair, all I did was sit down. And it made that clank."

"Will it still recline?"

"Yes????? But it feels not right."

"That's what happens when you don't sit in it right!"

"All I did was sit down!"

"I've seen you every day, reclined, laying sideways, with your head on the arm, and your feet on the wall!"

"I wasn't doing that now!"

"We can't afford a new recliner!"

"Isn't this one really old anyway?"

"Yes. But that would have lasted Dad and me the rest of our lives. We don't have all that long!"

"I just looked under it. Looks like there's a spring (?) loose. In the middle. Not the leg part."

"Well. Maybe your dad can fix it. You're going to tell him."

Turns out that Farmer H could NOT fix the La-Z-Boy. That part snapped. Now there's a big depression in the seat. Or as I finally got him to admit, it's like sitting on a toilet. We'll be shopping for a new La-Z-Boy on Saturday, as soon as Farmer H can tear himself away from making $1-per-item profits at his Storage Unit Store.

I just have to remember not to sit there. Farmer H tried it out. A spring poked his butt as he was getting up.

3 comments:

River said...

I think The Pony should help pay for it, since he broke it. Maybe that spring was ready to break anyway, but still, he could chip in a dollar or three. Do you only have the one La-Z-Boy? If all three of you are sharing it, no wonder it wore out Ha Ha. I bought two, because there was a sale after I'd saved enough to cover inflation, I figured I could sit in one and the cat or visitors could use the other. So of course the cat sits on mine while I'm reclined back watching TV and the other one gathers dust.

Sioux Roslawski said...

So he HAD a PITA instead of being a PITA?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The Pony is living off US, and his unspent college fund. So I won't be charging him. It DOES seem to be a coincidence that Farmer H and I have used that La-Z-Boy for YEARS, with our more-than-The-Pony bulk, and it didn't break!

We used to have a pair of smaller recliners, that came as a two-for-one deal. They have since worn out, though one is in the basement near my OPC (Old People Chair). The living room only has space for the La-Z-Boy, the long couch, and the short couch.

Heh, heh! Cats only want what you don't plan on them having!

***
Sioux,
YES! I wonder if that would be classified as IRONY...