Friday, June 19, 2020

Juno On Deck

Poolio looks better than I’ve seen him look in years! The water is clear, minimal algae on the bottom. Farmer H said Juno went down the steps to the deck on Tuesday. He leaves the gate open, but the dogs don’t go down there. Juno usually lays in the food pan area, or down by the corner of the porch, whimpering while Farmer H or The Pony are in Poolio. Juno was unavailable for a photo, but here's Jack, standing where she lays. His tail is too fast for the camera!



Here's the gate, with a lock NOT SET ON THE COMBINATION, so don't come trying to break into Poolio!


Designed to not allow Jack to pass through! But the remaining cat can make it. Much to Farmer H's dismay. Here are the steps down to the deck.


“I was floating in the pool. I heard Juno, and looked up, and there she was on the deck! When it was time to leave, she didn’t want to go up the steps. I had to help her. When she got about 4 steps from the top, she scampered up.”

I don’t want to imagine how Farmer H helped Juno get up the steps! I can’t imagine him going up ahead of her, cajoling and encouraging. Probably more like shoving from behind, or dragging by the scruff of her neck. If Jack goes down there, he might jump in! He's a little swimmer.


Look at that sweet face! Imploring me to let hims swim, perhaps...

At least if Jack got through the open gate, and jumped impulsively (like he does everything) into Poolio, it would be while somebody was there to boost him out. Not sure his long body could bend if he got his front feet out and back feet on the ladder step.

The Pony always closes the gate while he’s down there. Farmer H leaves the temptation.

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

The Pony was trained--by you--to do the right thing. By the time Farmer H came into your life, it was too late.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
So true! Yet Farmer H has been telling me for YEARS that I AM THE ONE who is set in my ways!

River said...

Good for Juno navigating the steps to the deck. It's always good to expand your horizons. She'll be asking for swimming lessons soon. I have to say, polio and the deck look mighty inviting.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Farmer H built the deck and steps. He's good at stuff like that. Poolio is as clear as I've ever seen him! Juno is not usually one to push the envelope, being a cautious sort.