Friday, July 17, 2020

You Can't Keep A Good Mom Down

I thought it was forever
I thought it would last
Gotta try to make it
A page of my past...

Enough is enough, I won't take anymore
I'm pickin' my jaw up off the floor

'Cause you can't keep a good mom down...

Hope you know your country music! I'm sure that state-named band won't mind me borrowing their lyrics with a couple of slight changes.

MY LOTTERY LOSING STREAK ENDED ON WEDNESDAY!


Yes, it's our good friend the WIN ALL symbol! Or as Farmer H calls it, "The winnell."


Of course it was the bare minimum I could win on this ticket with a WIN ALL. But I'm not complainin'! That's a $100 winner! Good way to break my losing streak, which started the day after my big slot jackpot, and lasted three weeks! Just a couple of low-dollar wins here and there. Nowhere near my money back, or my usual win percentage. There's no hidin' from Even Steven!

Funny how my big winner was ticket number 015, which I bought on the 15th. It's not like I can see the ticket number before I buy it.
____________________________________________________________________

For the country-music challenged, here's a link to the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEjJ6iTeH_I
____________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I'm ASSuming that last dig was meant for me. I figured it was a song by Alabama, thanks to your hint. However, I'd never heard the song.

$100! Good for you. If I bought lottery tickets, there'd be no Even Steven for me. It would be even more and even more money lost, every time I bought them.

River said...

I couldn't place the band or the song so I clicked on the link for a nice surprise. That dark-haired man surely does have lovely locks. Why do the men always get the best hair?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Of course it was meant for you! Lucky ALABAMA is near the top of the alphabetical list for you to mentally run through...

Even Steven and I go way back. It wouldn't surprise me if he was EVENING my luck by stealing some of yours.

***
River,
That dark-haired man had very '80s eyebrows! Or I might say eyeBROW.