Friday, August 7, 2020

I'm Pretty Sure Country Mart Is In Cahoots With Farmer H

Perhaps you recall that one of my favorite at-home lunch selections happens to be chicken taquitos with a side ramekin of Save A Lot salsa. I keep a backup supply of taquitos in FRIG II's freezer. There's usually a box of 15, and another partial box in the door that I'm currently eating out of.

Imagine my shock last week when I turned on New Delly, and saw a RECALL ON TAQUITOS!

The exact brand that I buy! The same size box.

Seems that the factory recalled those taquitos, for pieces of plastic that might have been in the diced green chilies used in their stuffing stuff.

The recall information said to discard them (not bloody likely!), or take them back to the store. Nope. I takes my chances. By the time that recall came out, I had already consumed some of the taquitos. Nothing bad happened. So I figure I can consume the rest of them, too.

Here's the thing... when I was perusing the selections at the Country Mart deli a couple days later, I saw that one of their new selections was CHICKEN TAQUITOS! Those have never been on their menu before. I'm pretty sure Country Mart did not get a special shipment of non-recalled taquitos. I did not buy them.

If my blogs go silent, you'll know that either I got a bad taquito, or Farmer H succeeded in his lifelong plot...

6 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Don't let Farmer H know about that taquito recall. He might grind up some plastic--or some toenails--and insert them in the taquitos, in an effort to do you in.

I thought most of our food had at least a small percentage of plastic in it. It's just extra-rough roughage. What's the big deal? Considering the stuff that's allowed in hot dogs and other foods, the plastic is at least (I assume) clean when it goes into the food item.

Sioux Roslawski said...

I know who starred in the movie (Barbara Eden) but I can't recall the name of the woman who sang the song. Bobbi Jo (or Sue) Gentry?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
NOOOO! Not TOENAILS! I didn't know there's an allowable percentage of plastic. I thought that was for insect legs. Strangely enough, two nights ago I had a dream about eating SPIDERS. They were cooked, so I just shrugged and ate them in rice.

***
Sioux 2
You are mixing your country singers, Madam!

The singer of "Harper Valley PTA" was Jeannie C. Riley. SHE knew about the little Peyton Place and the Harper Valley hypocrites.

You have confused her with Bobbie Gentry, the singer of "Ode to Billie Joe!" SHE knew about Billie Joe McAllister jumping off the Tallahatchie Bridge.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Of course! I saw that movie too (in the movie theater... the Harper Valley one I saw on TV). The male star of "Ode to Billie Joe" is that "kid" Robby Benson who for a long time refused to age... and he's married to the singer who does duets with Meat Loaf.

River said...

I don't suppose you will be picking the stuffing apart and checking it for bits of plastic. I sometimes pull stuff apart looking for things that crunch when they shouldn't (brownies) only to find out later I've broken another tooth :(

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I love Robby Benson! My favorite movie is "One on One," where he's a basketball player with a scholarship. Annette O'Toole is his girlfriend, and G.D. Spradlin the evil coach. Music by Seals and Crofts. Did I say I LOVE Robby Benson? He's surprisingly good at basketball. I think he and his dad wrote this movie. Lots of 1970s short-shorts on those basketball players.

***
River,
No, it would be hard to pick the stuffing out of a tightly-rolled, hard-shelled taquito. If I crunch something, I'm going to pretend it's plastic, and not think of a tooth!