Thursday, August 13, 2020

What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

I was shaken to the core Wednesday evening, when I heard Farmer H remind The Pony that they need to get the back porch weatherproofed before the seasons change. THEY!

Even scarier, I heard The Pony reply, "I don't really know what that is, but I told you I'm ready to help whenever you need me. I think it involves brushing on stain?"

"I remember! That's when Dad was sitting on his little stool, and looked like his special auction figurine that I say resembles Thomas Jefferson sitting on a boot, taking a crap."

"There won't be no sittin' this time! We'll be on a ladder."

AW NOT-HEAVEN, NO!

3 comments:

River said...

Both of them on the one ladder??? Yikes!
Perhaps Farmer H can hire some proper, safe, scaffolding arrangement instead?
I think sealer would be required as well as stain.
Crossing my fingers for no accidents.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Yes, that sounds like a multi-person accident waiting to happen.

It also probably means that The Pony is planning on being around for a while. Next thing you know, they'll be putting up Christmas decorations together. Then, getting Shackytown ready for the spring tours. Then getting Poolio filled up...

Why would The Pony ever leave? I mean, where could he find an apartment that has a triangle tub?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Hopefully not! I think it's Farmer H's plan that he HOLD the ladder, while The Pony climbs on it. Not sure either of them on a ladder is a good idea...

I'm pretty sure Farmer H plans to apply sealer. He sometimes uses words interchangeably, and I sometimes lose interest and don't pay attention to him. So either of us could have misled you.

Don't hurt your fingers! Farmer H and The Pony need powerful protection.

***
Sioux,
Well, the joke is on The Pony, because the Christmas decorations are STILL UP! The tree, and the lights around the Mansion. Poolio must first be partially drained. He's still sloshing.

If Farmer H and I were filmmakers, we might have a title of "We Need to Talk About The Pony."