Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Jack Soup!

Remember when Jack ate a solar sidewalk light, a couple weeks ago, on my not-so-secret blog?

It appears that he has an enabler. The Pony made the discovery, and the enabler is Farmer H. The Pony parks at the end of the carport. Sweet Gummi Mary! You don't think Farmer H would actually make room for The Pony's Nissan Rogue UNDER the carport, do you? Not-Heaven, no! It's only big enough for SilverRedO, and the Gator, and room to get both of them in and out. You snooze, you lose around here! Go off to college for four years? Don't expect a parking space when you come home!

Anyhoo... The Pony was walking by the ugly, paint-starved, supposed-to-be-white picket fence, and passed the cauldron that Farmer H set there as part of his landscaping display. I think it's pretty near that ugly flat rock.

Anyhoo... The Pony looked in, and saw...


Something a-brewin' in Farmer H's cauldron! It wasn't eye of newt and toe of frog!


It was parts of TWO solar sidewalk lights! Farmer H said he caught Jack eating them, and took them away, and dropped them in "his pot" to keep from running over them with the lawnmower. You know, so he wouldn't break it, and have to run out in secret and buy a new lawnmower without telling me, and just have me find out when I saw him riding it a week later.

That's Farmer H's story. But somehow, I imagine him standing over it under a full moon...

Quibble, quibble, saliva dribble
Ate my lights, now no more kibble
Swim in fish pond, like a lake
Quit my lights, for pity's sake
Eye of newt and toe of frog
Can't you be a normal dog
Missing fork and wood-bee's sting
Won't you learn that I'M the king
For once, you mutt, stay out of trouble
Not-Heaven's broth, boil and bubble

I'm pretty sure Farmer H is up to no-good. I'm hoping he hasn't added Jack to his pretty-sure-trying-to-kill list.

2 comments:

River said...

I'm glad you said they were solar lights because I couldn't tell what they were. But is Jack eating them? Or are they falling off wherever they are placed and getting caught under the lawnmower so Farmer H then throws the bits in the cauldron out of the way?
The only way to really know is to keep a closer eye on Jack without Farmer H noticing.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Farmer H has caught Jack in the process of chewing! Some parts are missing. I hope they have just fallen down in the grass. Jack seems okay, except that day a week or two ago when he turned up his nose at the cat kibble treat, and didn't romp around like normal.