Friday, September 11, 2020

The Pony And Mrs. HM Speak The Same Language

The Committee to Enforce the Truth In Blogging Law has sent me an email demanding that I let the record show that I had a positive experience at Dairy Queen the day before the Dreamcatcher Nightmare.

Yes, on the day that The Pony took himself to Steak N Shake, and was not there to witness my good fortune, Dairy Queen bestowed upon me the BEST CHICKEN STRIPS OF ALL TIME!

Well, again with the TRUTH part... they were STILL chicken strips from Dairy Queen. So keep that in perspective. They have a lot of the crunchy coating, and not a lot of meat inside. But for DQ strips, they were great!

Sometimes I'll get a measly strip, and a big strip. Like a crab that has a tiny claw and a giant claw. This time, I had two chicken strips so large that they were hanging over the ends of the little cardboard serving box! Like the head and legs of that much-returned adoptable kid in the baby basket left on a succession of doorsteps in the movie Problem Child.

Yes, I had a bumper crop of chicken strips from DQ that day! Large, with meat inside the coating! One of the pieces was more than a strip. It had a rounded end that defied description. Unless you're a former valedictorian, as is your son.

When The Pony got home, I raved about my very special chicken strips.

"You should have seen them, Pony! They were HUGE! And one of them was shaped like a COMMA!"

5 comments:

Rae said...

We had the 3 pc chicken strip combo which includes a small blizzard for supper last night. Interestingly enough, my husband was waited on by a very surly employee and expected the worst, but instead we too, received the best chicken strips that we've ever gotten there. We both raved at the quality and perfect preparation but we also agreed it was unlikely to happen again. Our agreement is that we can always expect our experience to be okay - then we're not disappointed. The experience did not lend itself to higher expectations as you know where that can lead.Ranee (MN)

Sioux Roslawski said...

DQ giveth, and DQ taketh away...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Rae,
I try not to expect too much. Lately they've been burning the puffy pretzel sticks. I think they must have a new employee. The pretzels are still delicious, but The Pony doesn't like them as much, unless they have a puddle of butter in the bottom of their box, and extra salt crusted around them.

***
Sioux,
It is my DQ
My only DQ
It gives me chicken, 'most every day
It never knows, though, how much I love it
Please don't taketh my chicken away!

River said...

Nice take on You Are My Sunshine :)
You'll dream about those fantastic chicken strips for years and forevermore be ever-so-slightly disappointed when they don't happen every time.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
DQ chicken is the new sunshine! I am planning to have some today, and I am anticipating disappointment. I will forever hold those two strips in my mind for comparison.