Friday, September 3, 2021

It's About Time The Pony Has Been Re-Built

The Pony's work injury is putting a crimp in my extravagant, retired lifestyle. It's bad enough to have him out of commission for 6-8 weeks to heal that broken ankle-bone. But since he didn't get in to see an approved doctor for two weeks after the breakage, it is delaying his release to full duty by two weeks.

Do you know how much Devil's Playground stuff we run out of in 8-10 weeks?

I will not step foot in the Devil's Playground until I need something that I will die without. I've been buying our toilet paper (NOT HOARDING) at Country Mart. As well as paper towels, paper plates, The Pony's rum, soda when it's on sale, and aspirin, antiperspirant, bandaids, and other stuff we normally get at the Devil's Playground.

I CANNOT FIND MY CHERRY LIMEADE DRINK MIX!

I tried the cherry KoolAid brand powder mix, for adding to bottled water, that I found in Save A Lot. No. It's too weak. I have some Limeade powder in little tubes that I found at Country Mart. It's pretty good, but just lime. Nowhere can I find suitable cherry flavoring.

Friday, I found some Raspberry Lemonade flavoring at Save A Lot.
 
 
The serving size is ONE PACKET. No. I don't think so. I wanted to adapt to it gradually. I told The Pony that I'd try a half packet to see how it worked.

TOO WELL! SO MUCH FLAVOR! 

This tastes like raspberry. Like the Sonic Blue Raspberry Slush. Like the raspberry Tootsie Roll Pops. Like the raspberry pacifier-looking Ring Pop suckers that I put in the boys' Christmas stockings. I don't like any of those treats!

Soo... the raspberry lemonade flavoring definitely works as a flavoring. Just not a flavor I like. I might cut it down to a quarter of a packet, and see how that does. Or go back to Country Mart for my Limeade.

Retired People Problems. Retired people with adult sons with broken ankles who can't walk to the back of the Devil's Playground to fetch their Cherry Limeade flavoring for a 44 oz Diet Coke.

4 comments:

River said...

I'm actually wondering why you need extra flavouring in the diet coke. Is the cola flavour not enough? Or not good enough? And is the cherry limeade cherry flavoured or lime flavoured or both, because to me, cherry and lime is an odd mix and that's before adding it to any other flavoured drink.
How did you come upon the diet coke-cherry limeade combination in the first place?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I don't mind a plain Diet Coke at a restaurant, but if I'm sipping it all day at home, I like it flavored. I was spoiled when we stopped by Sonic a couple times a week for the half-price "happy hour" on the way home from school. I'd always get a Cherry Diet Coke. Which was Diet Coke with sugar-free cherry flavor, and a few actual cherries in the bottom. Mmm!

Then I tried a Diet Coke with lime from Sonic. Which was Diet Coke with a whole (small) lime cut in quarters, soaking in my Diet Coke all evening. Then I tried the Cherry Diet Coke with lime. It was great!

The Sonic closed, and I started getting my magical elixir at the Gas Station Chicken Store. It's only in the last five years or so that I found the Cherry Limeade (one flavor, combined in the packet) flavoring in The Devil's Playground. Now I don't have it, so I'm searching for an alternative. All I can find is separate cherry and lime. Dang it! I was just in Country Mart today, and walked right past that aisle without looking.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

As problems go, it is not such a bad one to have. I can't wait to have time on my hands without a phone ring to contemplate problems such as yours!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yeah, this one is mild, compared to some of my Farmer-H-created problems.