Saturday, September 11, 2021

Nothing Gets Your Mind Off The Denial Of Your Workman's Comp Claim Like Chinese Food!

The Pony went BACK to the podiatrist's office on Friday, concerning the matter of one single box ticked with the wrong information. Or at least an explanation of WHY, in case the podiatrist considered it the right information.

THE PODIATRIST WAS OUT! 

He was in another town, so now The Pony has to go back on TUESDAY. Even though he's returning to work on Monday. So he had to tell his supervisor that he needs to go to work late on Tuesday, to settle his doctor paperwork.

It's always something...

The Pony made a stop by The Devil's Playground for some quick breakfast foods on work mornings. He had some little fruit cups and applesauces. THEN, he treated himself to lunch at the new Chinese restaurant.

 
That's Black Pepper Chicken. The Pony wanted to take pictures because he said it looked so bright and tasty in the sunlight streaming across the table. The Pony's leftovers are in FRIG II right now, including all the green peppers, which he's saving for my leftovers.

 
And of course Crab Rangoon. The Pony brought home dinners for me and Farmer H, too. I had the Garlic Chicken, and Farmer H had Hunan Chicken.

The Pony has no qualms about sitting down to eat in a restaurant by himself. Neither does Farmer H. Nor did my dad. I guess maybe it's a man thing. I've only eaten by myself ONE TIME, when I was living in Mountain Grove, Missouri, and made the hour trip to Springfield to return (and get more) audio visual materials from The American Heart Association. 

This was so long ago! When teachers actually used the films and filmstrips in their classroom! I was teaching Life Science, and got some good stuff on health and the body systems there.

Anyhoo... I ate at a steakhouse chain like Bonanza or Ponderosa. Nothing fancy. Just a chop steak (glorified hamburger patty) and the salad bar. I was not comfortable eating by myself, but it was better than not eating, or sitting in my car (bright yellow Chevy Chevette with a thin side stripe) with a McDonald's hamburger.

I also took myself to a movie that evening, and bought myself a popcorn and soda. 
I stopped short of holding my own hand...

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I've eaten lunch or dinner by myself a few times. I don't mind if I have a book and it's the kind of meal that allows me to read and eat (like pizza).

I would make a whole meal of crab rangoon. That or General Tso's chicken are my favorites. Our school cafeteria lady makes the best potstickers, and the best orange chicken. Yum!

I hope things work out for The Pony on Tuesday. I have a major complaint about our mail carrier--I plan on sending you an email about it. Perhaps your postal carrier connection can shine a light on the situation.

River said...

I have eaten by myself in those food hall places where all the tables and chairs are in the centre and the edges are ringed by takeaway places with foods from all over the world. There are Chinese, Thai, British (pork pies and chips, yuk), Indian, and so on. I usually read a book while I eat so I don't notice or care if anyone is looking at me.
The Pony's Chinese looks very delicious.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Those are the best Crab Rangoons EVER! So crispy, and full of filling! They warm up nicely the next day, at 300 degrees for 10 minutes, with foil laid loosely on top to prevent burning of the tasty pointy parts. They come in orders of 8, and we get TWO of them! Along with the two Rangoons that come with each dinner.

I can't wait for this injury ordeal to end! I have not checked my other email yet, but I will consult my resident expert insider.

***
River,
I would feel more comfortable at a food court, like in a mall, because other shoppers might be eating alone. The Pony is always reading something on his phone, so I guess he doesn't even think about his alone-ness.

The Pony got us all the LUNCH special this time. Even though gluttonous Farmer H and I were hoping for the dinner special, in the rectangular container. HOWEVER...

Today I used my leftovers, and the rice Farmer H left for me, and added two diced onions, a can of water chestnuts, a can of baby corn, a tiny can of mushrooms, and some chicken from Country Mart. Oh, and some Hoison sauce. I was planning to get two more meals out of it, but it made FOUR more meals.

Now we'll all have it on Sunday night. I had a serving today, and The Pony ate his own leftovers for lunch. So that makes 8 meals from the 3 we bought (with a little extra added pantry stuff).