Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hypothetically, Of Course

If one was to enter the field of teaching these days, one may not realize a special perk that is not advertised in university methods classes. One is privy to various gems of conversation snippets that flow like milk and honey over the educational landscape.

For instance, one might hear the following hypothetical exchange between two 17-year-old girls:

"Why would you need a candy bag?"

"Candy bag? What's that all about?"

"Well, I just wondered to myself, 'Why would she need a candy bag? Halloween is NEXT month.'"

"No it isn't. It's this month. And I wouldn't need a candy bag anyway. I'm too old to trick-or-treat."

"Then why did you say she's loaning you her candy bag?"

"I didn't. I said, 'She's loaning me her tanning bed.'"

"Oh! Now I get it."

Emily Litella is getting younger every day. Hypothetically.

2 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Tanning beds? Are those loanable? Are those portable? Are those the sort of things you want to loan to your friends?

Fake baking...It's not for everyone...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I don't know, having not partaken of any fake bakin'. Such a "loan" probably refers to being allowed to use it without being charged a fee.